-twenty three-

"Joey, there's something I gotta tell you" 

"What is it?" he asked, his voice kind of shaky.

"I-"

"JOEY WE HAVE A PROBLEM!" Jakob yelled. His heavy footsteps down the stairs startled me.

"What now?" Joey rolled his eyes. 

"Mike texted me and dad is dragging them to a strip club. Again." Jakob sighed. 

"Fuck not again," Joey growled under his breath. "Melina do you wanna stay here with Jakob?" 

"I'd say yes but I feel like you will try to murder your dad if I let you go all alone" I mumbled but he heard me.

He laughed. "You're probably right. Shall we?" he offered me his hand and I took it as we stood up.

We said goodbye to Jakob, grabbed our coats and Joey's keys, and headed out. 

. . .

We were at a red light and Joey seemed to be getting more tense the longer we waited at the light.

"I'll be honest with you, this has to be the weirdest first date I have ever had" I tried to joke. It seemed to work seeing as Joey actually laughed. The light turned green and we took off. I tried to hide how scared I was to be in a car with Joey right now. If he calmed down, it wouldn't be as bad.

"I know, I'm really sorry. Will you give me another chance?" he asked, giving me the puppy dog eyes.

I couldn't help but laugh. "With a face like that, how can I say no?" 

He grinned at this and took my hand in his. "I was hoping you'd say that." 

Moments later, we were in the parking lot of a sketchy ass strip club. I had driven passed it before. Never did I ever think I'd be stuck staring right at it to go get my music theory teacher.

What even is my life?

"Mike just texted me, they're gonna bring him out now." Joey said hesitantly. I nodded slightly and kissed his hand, making him flash a small smile that didn't meet his eyes.

Joey cut the ignition and we both got out of his car. Moments later, Billie Joe and his friends (which I'm guessing one is Mike) came out of the strip club. 

"Joey what the hell are you doing here?" Billie Joe slurred. Slurred. Oh great.

"We're taking you home." Joey said sternly. 

"We? Oh hey Melina. Dammit Mike I should have known you didn't want to actually go out for a smoke break." Billie admitted, giving an accusing look to a guy with blonde hair, who I'm guessing is Mike. 

"Billie, seriously man we have been here long enough. Just go home with your son please." Mike pleaded. He wore a pained expression. I began to wonder just how many times this has happened. 

Billie huffed as if he were a teenage boy getting in trouble from his mother. "Alright, alright. Let's get a move on here parents" he said, looking between Joey and I. 

I gave Joey a weird look and he mouthed an "I'm sorry" to which I gave him a small smile to tell him it wasn't his fault. 

We said our goodbyes to Billie Joe's friends, who I found out were Mike and... Tre.

. . .

I couldn't handle the tension in the car. I felt myself wanting to keep checking on Billie Joe. Every time I looked in the rear view mirror, he was already looking at me. He smirked at me. I felt my cheeks heat up and forced myself to look away. 

Once we got back to their house, Joey turned off the car. "Mel, I'm really sorry about tonight. I guess I forgot that my dad forgot how to be a dad a couple years ago" Joey spat. At this point, I felt myself getting agitated by Joey. I know he was mad about his dad's behavior and everything but that was too harsh in my opinion. 

"It's fine. Both of you." I emphasized. Billie lifted his head up when I said that. 

"I'm sorry. Melina, how about I drive you home?" Billie offered. 

"I can drive her" Joey sighed, aggravated with his dad.

"You have to be up for work in like six hours Joey, just let me help out okay?" Billie asked but it didn't really seem like a question. More of him demanding his son to shut up and get out of the car.

Joey sighed in defeat. "Alright. Good night Mel" he smiled at me and leaned in, kissing me. I was sort of flustered that he straight up was kissing me in front of his dad, but I attempted to kiss him back. When he pulled away, I mumbled a "good night" and Joey got out of the car and walked into the house.

Billie Joe got out of the car and got into the driver seat. I sat back in my seat, not willing to look at him. I heard him sigh as he started the car. We pulled out of the drive way and took off. 

"You don't have anything going on tomorrow morning, do you?" he asked me, catching my attention. My eyes met his. They looked glossy and sort of dull.

I shook my head no, too nervous that my voice would give out on me. I hated seeing him like this. Almost as much as I hated the control he had over me. He didn't even have to try.

"Good. We're going for a little adventure" he smiled slightly. 

. . .

A/N: HEEEEEEYYYYOOOOOOOOO.

I know this chapter is short, I'm sorry. But hey, Melina finally met the rest of Green Day. Except they're not Green Day in this story. What a terrible world they live in. Anyway, the next one will be only about Billie Joe and Melina. Your fave fake OTP I know.

I had to update today tho you guys cause remember how the Green Day concert I was supposed to go to got cancelled last month?? Well my best friend scored us GA tickets for one show and I scored some really kick ass seats for another Green Day show the night after and I am taking my little brother to his first concert ever and I am SO DAMN EXCITED IFOEDNFMWPNEFNPEFJ#E !!!

Anyway, I have class in like an hour so I gotta get going here. But I hope you're all having a wonderful day, I know I am. 

Comment what Green Day show you are going to, if you are going. 

Thanks for reading!

Rage & Love ~