Chapter 7

They stepped off the elevator and walked out of the building. Drake insisted they took his car, so once Nicki had grabbed darcie's car seat they both got into his car and began the drive to her school.

On arrival Nicki took a deep breath in order to calm herself down knowing things could get heated very quickly if she went in there with her current attitude. The car ride had been fairly quiet and a little too quiet for nickis liking.

She watch as he undid he stepped out of the car and walked over to her side; opening the door for her. She gave him a confused look as she stepped out. "What are you doing? I'll be fine, I'll just go and get her and come back,"

"You said this is ending today right?" He said as he closed the car door and locked the car. "Let's go then."

Nicki was still confused as to what he was on about but she was willing to go with it for the sake of her daughter. They walked into the school and went straight to the principals office after being directed by the receptionist. Nicki's confusion elevated further when he took her hand into his just as they got to the office.

"Miss. Maraj, lovely to see you," She said with a smile and Nicki returned a fake one just to be cordial. "As I explained earlier, Darcie's behaviour breached our school rules and so because of that we are sending her home early. She is currently in her class but her and the other student have been separated,"

"Why has there been no consequences for the other student?" Drake asked after remembering the explanation Nicki gave him.

"And you are?" She asked as she looked over at him, licking her lip slightly as she gave him a once over.

"Darcie's father." Nicki's eyes widen slightly at his statement and she glanced over at him before moving her gaze to her lap as she bit the inside of her lip. "And I don't really appreciate that my daughter gets bullied because I leave the house to earlier to bring her to school. What makes it worse is the fact that this school allows such behaviour from their students and only give a reaction when the one being bullied does something about it." He said sternly before clenching his jaw. "Have you ever been bullied miss..."

"Anderson." She finished for him. "And to answer your question no, but I assure you we will speak to the other child and her parents tonight and hopefully resolve the issue but for now Darcie has to come home with you."

"Where is she?" Nicki asked. It being the first thing she had said since walking in the building. The principal stood and lead them to the class room they were in.

Nicki's anger rose as she watched all the other children play whilst her daughter sat by a table on her own in the corner. Drake could tell the situation was going to take a left turn if he didn't step in. "You go and get her work and I'll go and talk to her," He said before kissing her temple and walking over to Darcie whilst Nicki went over to the teacher.

Drake crouched down to Darcie's height as she sat on the chair and took her hands into his. He observed a young girl whispering to her friend as they watched them. "Hey princess," he said with a small smile, already heartbroken by having to see her in such a state. "Are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"She said mommy isn't pretty and she keeps telling everyone I don't have a daddy," Darcie said between sniffles, already getting worked up about the situation again.

"It's okay, don't cry." He said and she looked up at him again. "Your mommy is very pretty and you know that. She beautiful and so are you." He stopped for a moment as he planned out what he was now going to say. "And you have a daddy, you know that right?" She nodded. "Do you know who he is?" He asked and she nodded again. "That's all that matters. You have a daddy and he love you very much."