Episode 1 ▶ Pilot

I bit the inside of my cheek, my body aching with every movement I made. I held in all my whimpers, and grunts, scared to make a sound, let alone a sudden movement.

My little brother Jude, passed me a wet plate and I took it, my arms shaking. He looked up at me, worry and sadness in his eyes. I knew he wanted to ask me if I was okay but he already knew that I wasn't. I knew part of him also felt guilty, thinking it was his fault, our foster Father beat me.

Jude got caught talking to our sister, my twin, Callie on the phone earlier. My Foster Father was furious since it was his fault that Callie wasn't here.

Just like I did, she saved Jude from getting beat by him, and he got her sent away to juvie.

Its been hard without her here. The three of us have never been apart. No one has ever wanted to adopt us but we always managed to stay together, and stick through the hard times.

Though it seems, times only get harder for us. Going from foster to foster home. Some started out nice and ended up disgusting evil human beings in the end.

Some are nice but for some reason we're not good enough, and we're sent away again.

We shouldn't have to live like this, especially Jude. He deserves a family that loves him, parents that love him. I feel so bad, he has to go through all of this at such a young age.

I wish our Mother would have never died, so we would have never got put into the system.

I was trying to hold down the fort here without Callie. I was trying to be strong for Jude but I felt like I was only getting weaker. I felt I was failing him. I needed my sister back. We needed our sister back.

As Jude and I our doing the dishes, the booming sound of our Foster Father's voice, caused us to freeze.

"Camila!"

I sighed softly, turning around to look at the ugly beast. "Yes."

"Why the hell isn't the bathroom cleaned?" He stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

"I didn't get to it yet, you told me to help Jude with the dishes. That's what I'm doing."

"Well hurry the hell up! I want this place cleaned before bed!"

I balled my fist in irritation, as he turned his back to me. "Why don't you clean something yourself, you lazy piece of crap." I mumbled. I turned to resume helping Jude but got my wrist pulled roughly. "You think I didn't hear your smart mouth?!" He growled in my face, the spit on his tongue, hitting me in the face.

"Just like your sister, you'll never learn until I get you out of this house!" I received a hard slap to the face, my cheek burning in pain. "Now hurry up with these dishes!"

He rougly turned me back to the sink, causing me to hit my stomach on the edge. I gulped, keeping my tears in.

I will not give him the satisfaction, plus I didn't want Jude to see me cry. Speaking of Jude, I avoided his frightened gaze and continued to dry the dishes. I'm glad he didn't say anything because he would have gotten in trouble too.

After the painful encounter, the doorbell rung. "Hello? Is anyone home? I need help." Said a voice from the door.

Neither of us moved, we just kept doing the dishes.

"Hang on!" Screamed my foster Father. "Are you deaf or what?" He asked us, causing us to look back at him. Neither of us said a word as he went to go answer the door.

I couldn't hear the the conversation completely but I definetly knew there was a guy at the door.

"Whoa! Hey!" We suddenly here. "What the hell are you doing here?"