part twenty four - a true friend's heartache

Começar do início

"hurry up jagi, hongbin's been calling me twice already!" you yelled at your slow boyfriend as jimin finally made his way to the car.

"alright alright!" jimin smirked, turning the car keys and putting on his seat belt.

"you're so slow."

"would you prefer i go fast?" jimin winked, a big smirk appearing on his face, making you blush.

"you're so gross." you crossed your arms laughing in amusement.

it's been awhile since you've seen your best friend at work, hongbin. you've wondered how he's been since you haven't been going to work recently since jimin is always begging for you to stay home. which wasn't good on you work ethic part, jimin was drowning your work hours and let you him.

jimin didn't care though, he wanted to spend as much of his time with you before anything bad might happen. he knew jungkook told taehyung about what happened, he could tell by the glares taehyung would give him, and sometimes even taehyung looking away in shame.

jimin's eyes only focused straight on the road in front of him, his hands gripping the wheel tightly as his thoughts were flowing in his head. the only thing he was able to think was how his trust in jungkook was starting to fade.

--

"you're the only one i can trust," you said as you watched hongbin grabbing the boxes of flowers from the back of the shop, setting them down onto the ground.

"oh am i?" hongbin smirked, leaning onto the glass counter.

"yeah, you really are." you looked down, counting the money you have earned from today's shift. you and hongbin have managed to make a lot of money today, so you made your calculations.

hongbin furrowed his brows, his lips parting, "don't you have a best friend who you trust?"

"what? are we not best friends?" you looked over at the boy, grinning as he shook his hands and laughed.

"ani," he rejected, "but saying i'm the only one you trust is a bit of an understatement. don't you have a boyfriend you trust? was it..what's his name? oh, hoseok!"

you froze at the sound of hoseok's name, sure it bugged you since your heart was beating fast, but you only smiled when the thought of dating hosoeok came to mind, "no, his name is jimin. hobi's..just a friend."

hongbin made a sound of disapproval as he smacked the side of your head. "yah, hongbin-ah!"

"tsk, tsk, tsk," he crossed his arms and shook his head, his dark hair swaying, "you pabo! and to think i was rooting for you two!"

"you were what?" you turned your head towards the boy, amazed by his answer. "you wanted me and hoseok together?"

"how dense are you?" hongbin questioned, looking down at you as if you were stupid. well, you kind of were at this point.

"excuse me?" you asked.

"(your name)," hongbin sighed, "i hope you know that hoseok really likes you, and i feel so bad that i have to spell it out for you but it's true."

"how would you know?" you asked, tilting your head up at the tall co-worker, "did he tell you that?"

"i'm seriously about to knock some sense into you, (your name). but he didn't tell me, it's just obvious. but there's something i know, and i don't know if i should tell you.."

your eyes paid attention close to hongbin this time, "tell me."

hongbin smirked, leaning his slender frame onto the counter, his elbows touching the glass. "hmm, what am i gonna get in return?"