· 26 ·

a/n: Denice's POV

Seeing my reaction to his holding of Keyton, Damon's eyes widened.

He lifted his foot from Keyton and made his way to me. He crouched down, our eyes meeting. He silently observed me.

"You have begun the process, Son." His voice was low and hard.

Keyton was now standing. He walked to my other side and held my hand.

"Why procrastinate?" Keyton's gaze was focused on me.

"You didn't follow what was requested from you?" Damon snarled through his teeth.

"I'm sorry, father. But what was requested from You, is not what I believe to follow."

My eyes shifted between the men. What were they arguing about? Was it me? Did Keyton and I do this wrong?

"Since you believe you know that path of this process, what must you do next?" Damon challenged Keyton.

Keyton seemed flustered, his cheeks tinting harshly.

What was next?

"She's a very questioning one." Damon rose his eyebrow, facing me now. "Don't worry love, you and Keyton haven't done the process wrong. The - uh, problem is the next step." I awaited for him to continue.

"You two have to make love."

Make love?

"By making love I meant, you have to intimately sleep in bed." He assured quickly. I held back a chuckle.

I know what you meant by us having to make love. I'm questioning why that is necessary and what the next step will be..

Damon chuckled at his misunderstanding.

"You two need to be completely connect as one. Making love is the simplest option and allows you two to attach your emotions and thoughts." I nodded. "There's an additional thing. Katherine and I have to be watching." My cheeks burned and my stomach turned. Embarrassment and anxiety ran through me.

They're going to be watching my first time? My first time ever. Especially with Keyton. A vampire and a nearly vampire having sex. I wonder how the sex will be - I shouldn't even be trying to imagine it my thoughts are being read.

My gaze fell to the blankets wrapped around my waist. I can't bare meeting their gazes.

"Don't worry. We'll only be there for a while. Till the connection is made." Damon was now flustered.

Finally, something said from Keyton.

"When must we completely this step? And, what's next?" Keyton seemed hesitant.

He spoke as if lost in thought.

I felt distance from his behalf.

Damon noticed this too, but shrugged it off. He knew why.

"Once Denice's symptoms which will probably tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon, you two will have the consent to marry. Following, tomorrow night, you two will have to make love."

Everything finally fit in and I finally understood. This was all wrong. The process shouldn't have to be made now. I'm getting married tomorrow and I haven't even set anything up.

I breathed in deeply and exhaled.

Too much to take in.

"We're going home now. There's no need in staying here." Damon stood, patted down his clothing and began to head out the door. He muttered something to himself, or so I thought.

Keyton picked me up and we began our way home.

· ~ ·

I was settled within the lush and plush covers. Too bad I still couldn't feel them.

We have been home for what seems like countless hours. Keyton has been with me since we got home.

Why isn't he here? Where is he?

A littel part of me began to itch.

Could he be with Jane?

My skin felt once again tingly. I looked at the clock. It's nearly three am.

I'm healing faster than expected.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I slowly at up and turned to the edge of the bed. I opened my eyes as my small feet touched the icy hardwood floor.

I felt the same tugging, as I did the time I found him with Jane.

I left the room and slid into a hallway, leading me into the small library of Damon.

I knocked, no answer.

I tried again and no reply.

The door creeked as it opened. I closed the door behind me and cautiously walked inside.

I reached suddenly, a far cherry wood desk. I stepped closer and was met by an open book.

I sat on the cushioned seat and skimmed over the page. It was written in Latin.

The book listed instructions, steps and outcomes of breaking a spell.

I read further.

The spell embraced the act of having a soulmate.

Keyton wants to break our bond? Why didn't he tell me? Why has he let it go this far?

Am I even able to leave him now?

·*·

a/n:

BREATHE ME IS BACK woop woop.

I feel so bad for making all its readers wait for so long. Forgive me?

I believe this is a really long chapter which I hope is v informative and well ..

What do you think will happen next!

Comment below, vote & give me some feedback!

*I need to come up with a slogan for this book, any help?*

~ d.v