• 22 •

My throat was burning. My breath was jagged and my body ached. I was slowing down. I couldn't slow down.

Keyton's after me.

This should teach me a lesson. Listen, when a vampire tells you to stop. Why? Because then he will be chasing you like a drug addict, looking for more drugs. And that, is very bad.

I scolded myself as I reached the final, top floor.

How are we able to make it this far? All the doctors must be crazily looking for us.

My heart was beating at the base of my throat. I froze in my tracks.

From the other doorway, across the hall. Was a tall figure, heading my way. He found me.

A painful laugh escaping my lips. This is really happening. A real life horror story, lovely. Just my life. He came closer. Tears dribbled down my cheeks as I slid into a room, locking the door. More laughs escaped me.

When I'm terribly scared, I laugh. Right now, I'm laughing and crying.

I slid to the corner of the room, on top of the bed. I wrapped myself up in the blanket and began to rock myself.

Maybe he won't find me.

Yet again, he is a vampire. Vampires can find anything. Especially, they can sense when something is hiding from them. Like now.

I began to tremble. I hate suspense. I hate being caught off guard. I hate being scared.

I hate this, right now.

I snapped my head at the door. It was open.

Where is Keyton. I wobbled around the room. The blankets trailing after me, around me.

Peek-A-Boo, Horror edition.

A frown was held on my lips. I closed the door, maybe he isn't --

A piercing scream left me. I escaped the wrapped arms I was in. I tripped, landing on the floor.

He stood above me. A wicked smile on his lips.

"You know what happens now, right princess?" He kneeled before me. I began to get light headed. I'm still unable to carry too much emotion.

I was panting; fear, pain, love.

He picked me up, placing us on the bed. He laid me upon him. His held himself up, by his forearm. I tensed. My eyes shut tightly.

"I don't need you for your blood. I need, you. I want, you." I lifted my head, meeting his gaze.

His lips were parted. I could now see his canine teeth. I gaped. I ran my fingers over his teeth, I quickly pulled them away, afraid he'd eat me.

"Denice, I don't eat humans." He snickered. I gave him a look. I wasn't capable to speak. That's what vampires do in vampire movies, I remarked. He rolled his eyes. Suddenly, he held my chin in his hand, his thumb rubbing against my lips. He was, observing me. He nodded to himself.

"Denice, I have to," He paused. "Bite you."

"Bite me? Why?" I already knew the answer.

"You are going to die in a few days, if we don't start the process now." I didn't know how to reply. "My parents and the doctors are trying to prevent me from turning you." They want me to die? "No, they're afraid, I, will end up killing you. This process is risky." He finished. I bit my lip as he explained. His eyes returned to their sea green shade.

Do I have choice?

"Yes, you do." He avoided my gaze. "But since I kinda have you trapped, where there's no one to help you, I can easily just start without anyone interrupting." He stated. I squinted at him. He stared at me, waiting for my answer. I nodded.

He seemed lost in his thoughts, as he roamed my face. Saddness in his eyes.

Had I done something wrong?

• Keyton's POV •

She was hesitant. I explained the process to her, and awaited for her reply.

It hurt. It hurts every time she speaks of vampires as monsters. Does a monster like me, deserve her?

She nodded.

Now, I was hesitant. Her arms wrapped against my neck. Her warmth seeping to me. I could feel her.

Her pulse, running to me. Her breathing, humming through me. Her thoughts, flooding me. Her scent, filling me. She, makes me complete.

I winced as the teeth formed and my nose burned. My eyes slightly watered. The overwhelming scent, of her blood.

My hands held her hips, in place. My teeth grazed over her soft skin. She shivered. I licked the crook of her neck, making the area sensitive. Her nails dug into me, as I sunk my teeth in. Her breath, short. My mouth was filled with the blood. My grip on her tightened as I suck.

Her grip on me began to loosen. Her nails barely touching me. She struggled to keep herself up. She began to lean on me.

"Keyton, stop. Please." She whispered, before she went unconscious.

I dug myself deeper into her.

• * •