• 23 •

| A/N: Still in Keyton's POV |

I released. My jaw opened, my teeth detaching from her skin. My tongue traveled against the faint mark. The cuts no longer bleeding. I wrapped her into the blanket. She needs rest now.

I pulled her into me. As if cradling a baby. She was fragile now. Her body is going to go under the changes. She's weak and undergoing severe pain. There's only one key, to this whole process. Me. She's needs to be with me.

We'll be inseparable. My eyes were outlined by tears. I was going to leave her.

After changing her, I was going to leave her, but, I changed my mind. I'm not going to allow the same mistake happen twice. I held Denice closer. Her soft breath caressing my neck as she cuddled against me.

I understand her. Unbelievably, I understand her and I can feel her. Despite the fact I can actually feel and see her thoughts, I know how it feels. I was once scared. I was once paranoid. I was once alone.

- A/N: As if an narrative memory -

I was adopted. My foster parents had died from cancer and I was all alone. An eight year old boy, starving and freezing to death. In the pure winter.

But one day, as I was walking down a busy road. A couple stopped before me.

They introduced themself as Katherine and Damon. In my head, I finally found a new family, again. But, I noticed they were different.

It sounded ridiculous to me first but, I created the theory of them, being vampires. I laughed at myself, thinking my new parents, were vampires.

Until one night, my thought was no longer a theory, it was real.

I had found them feeding on one of the maids. Isabelle Love. She was lovely. My nanny. I remember, that night, I locked myself in my room. I was too afraid to see them again. I was afraid I'd be their next victim.

But, it was different.

They weren't your ordinary vampires. They, actually have feelings. They don't just kill for fun, they have to. Most of all, they're not the monsters they're portrayed as..

- time passes -

It was my thirteenth birthday. I'm a teenager now. My parents had thrown me a birthday party, inviting the maids and some other small families.

Everyone was on their way home, I was heading upstairs. I made my way into my bedroom, sneaking into bed, and resting from the fun and exhausting day.

There was a sink in the bed. I turned, and found Jane.

Jane was Isabelle's daughter. When Isabelle died, when Jane was young, she was gaven to an innocent, human maid.

"Hi Keyton." She smiled widely. She had always chanted me with stories of her being her Soulmate. And, I was, technically.

With vampires, you have to find a soulmate, where you are each other's soulmate, but, Jane wasn't mine.

"Hi Jane."

"Guess what?"

"I've got the best birthday present for you!" She squealed.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly.

"Me." I rolled my eyes,

"Jane, I want an actual present, not -" I groaned as I felt pain. She was on me. Her canine in me.

What was she doing? I tried to pull her off, but I became weaker, till I blacked out.

I woke to my mom's worried face, holding me. And my dad scolding Jane. She was sent to the maid's tower, for a couple years.

My mother explained to me, the process. Turns out, Jane completed the process quickly, since we were so young, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I was becoming a vampire. No choice.

I had tried to commit suicide, various times, but I never worked, because I was always held back or found.

- more time passed -

On this day, there was something different in the scene. I had awoken early, and was taking a walk. It was still dark out.

I was walking through the woods, until I was hit by it. A scent.

I followed the scent, and was caught of edge as I stood before a girl's room.

I hid in a shadow watching her sleep. She had curly, raven black hair. Tanned skin. A curvy body. Glasses. Plump, small lips. Her cheeks were painted a delicate pink and her set of thick eyelashes fluttered as she took in a deep breath.

She was human.

A frenzy erupting in me. I was attracted to her. The sensation, unbearable. I quickly went home. I met my parents in the living room. They were smiling.

"You found her." My mother said, as I understood.

Denice Elise was, my soulmate.

~ Keyton Thoughts End

I slipped away from my thoughts, I smiled. I looked down into my arms, seeing the same girl again.

"I finally found you." I whispered. I brought her close, and pressed my lips on hers.

• * •