• 15 •

He walked closer to me, watching me carefully.

He stood before me, looking down at me. His emerald green eyes, lightened, pleading for understanding.

How could I understand? How could I think straight right now?

A vampire was in front of me. We were in the middle of nowhere, and my frightened self, grew with fear.

He leaned forward, his hand on my cheek, pulling me to look at him. I slipped from his touch, cowering to a tree behind. He towered forward. Following my steps.

"I would never hurt you. You know that. I love you," He spoke. I stopped.

"Don't speak lies." I spat.

"Denice, Jane means nothing to me. I just feed off her."

"Just feed off her? I saw you, you were both having sex. That is not 'just feeding off' and you know what, go find yourself another 'soulmate' or whatever vampires call their mates. And, you don't love me. Vampires don't love. Vampires don't feel. Vampires don't live. Vampires kill, and rip the littel bit of happiness you carry. Life. You are all monsters." I snapped. Everything, leaving my lips.

His arms held me tightly. I struggled to loosen his grip. My eyes met him. They were dark. As if, black.

"I maybe a monster but, you know what? This monster loves you. This monster feels. This monster lives," He grabbed my hand, placing it on his chest. I could feel the soft pulse of his heart, over his rising chest. This monster may kill, but that doesn't mean, this monster, can't return the happiness you've lost, as a human." He remarked, his lips undeniably, dangerously close to mine.

His eyes have returned to their emerald green.

He held me in his arms, too tightly. Tears were held in my eyes, as he held me close.

He's a monster. He's going to hurt me.

• * •