Chapter 25

It was an awkward silence that filled between the two males, who didn't look anywhere else except at each other. They both held harsh looks obviously towards one another and Zane just stood there looking at the two.

For a split second Travis's green eyes flickered to a purple color before returning to its normal green color. No one said a thing about it making the raven hair believe that perhaps Gene hadn't noticed it happen.

"Did your eyes just turn purple?"

". . ."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot what you were."

"Stop."

"Demon Warlock."

"Shut it! That isn't me, that's my father!" Travis hissed with anger. "Like father, like son." Gene smirked. He seemed rather amused with Travis being angry at this.

Travis closed his eyes and took a deep breath in attempt to calm himself before he went to his demon form. "Gene, I didn't come here to talk or start some fight with you. I came to talk to Zane." 

Zane was about to speak though Gene interrupted him before a word could slip out. "I doubt he wants to see you." Gene states. "Like I'm going to believe you." Travis attempted to take a step towards Zane, yet Gene would block his path.

Zane frowned slightly behind his mask at Gene's actions. Though perhaps he should be thankful? He did want to avoid Travis, but at the same time he did want to talk about this whole thing with him. 

"I can prove that he's no longer interested in you." Zane raised his head in confusion. He wasn't paying attention to the conversation and was confused on what they were talking about. "I highly doubt it." Travis told Gene. 

A smirk tugged at Gene's lips as he then whistled, "Oh Travis!" Suddenly two hands gripped Zane's arms and pulled him forwards while his mask was tugged down. Zane shut his eyes as he felt a pair of lips against his causing his cheeks to heat up. He couldn't help but melt into the kiss and soon enough he had found himself kissing back. 

Few minutes had passed before they both pulled away. Zane's eyes fluttered open expecting to see dark turquoise eyes, yet he found himself staring into a pair of bright green eyes. 

His eyes wandered around trying to find Gene as wasn't he the one to grab him and pull his mask down. His gaze soon landed on Gene, who looked like someone had pushed him aside. 

Gene scowled and outstretched his hand to pull Zane towards him though Travis immediately yanked Zane closer to him. Zane soon pulled away from Travis and took a few steps away from the two males.

"Look Gene, I appreciate you trying to help and everything, but I don't need it." Zane told him before averting his gaze and attention to Travis. "I agree we need to talk, let's head back to my place." Travis nodded and followed Zane feeling the eyes of Gene following him, which created a slight uncomfortable feeling.

The two reached Zane's place and sat down at his couch. "What happened?" Zane questioned looking down at his feet that were hidden by his black converses. "I didn't kiss her." Travis started off. Travis soon explained the story and Zane listened.

"I'm sorry." Zane spoke and Travis tilted his head in confusion. "What for?" Travis raised a brow as he glanced at him. "I should of listened to your story before just assuming things." He stated. "It's alright, I understand why you didn't." Travis smiled warmly at him.

"But still-"

Travis pulled Zane into a hug and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. "It's okay Zane, you forgive me and I forgive you." Zane smiled softly and hugged him back. He thought back to Gene and remembered that he promised to go get coffee or head to the mall after his shift with him!

"Ah, I forgot I told Gene that we would hang out after my shift." Zane pulled slightly away from the hug to get his phone. "Gene?" Jealousy was certainly noticeable in Travis's voice. 

"Yeah. ." Zane glanced up from his phone. Travis frowned and brought Zane close to him, "Cancel those plans! I want to hang out with you, and I rather not let Gene have any chance to try to get close to you." He states.

"Alright, I'll tell him." Zane sent a quick text to Gene about hanging out another day. 

Travis cheered and Zane chuckled slightly at the reaction. The natural white haired gently pulled Zane's mask down and the smile he had enlarged at the small smile on Zane's face.

"Your freckles are adorable!" Travis exclaimed. Zane scrunched up his face in slight disgust while shaking his head. "Ew, no they're not." He raised a hand to pull his mask back up though Travis took hold of Zane's hand and held it. 

"Yes they are!" Travis used his other hand to cup Zane's cheek to continue to admire the male's freckles. Zane held a frown while looking away though Travis gently made Zane look back at him.

Zane was caught off guard by Travis soon planting kisses on his cheeks. "W-What are you doing?" Zane questioned as a red hue covered his freckled cheeks. "Kissing every single one of your freckles." Travis answered.

"Why?" 

"Well, you obviously don't love your freckles, so I'm here to show my love towards them!"

Zane rolled his eyes though felt himself smiling even more as Travis continued. It took a bit until Travis soon finished with an accomplished grin visible on his face. Travis laid back on the couch and brought Zane down with him.

"I'm glad we cleared everything up." Travis spoke. "Me too, especially before Garroth or Vylad heard about it." Zane said. Travis chuckled, "Oh yeah good thing. I did not want to die by the hands of two protective Ro'Meave brothers."

The two then cuddled until Zane had fallen into a blissful sleep. Travis smiled at the raven haired though a thought stayed in his head. Gene seems interested in Zane, which bothered Travis a bit as he did know Zane had feelings for him in high school.  He sighs and held Zane's hand while closing his eyes. He had faith that Zane wouldn't dump him for Gene, but Gene could do anything in attempt to get them to split. Oh Irene why couldn't Gene just be interested in Zenix or something instead of Zane?