Chapter 24

When Zane woke up, his visible eye was red and puffy from the crying he did earlier. His cheeks were still wet from the tears sliding down his face. He pushed himself up to his feet and looked around his house. 

It was already late and he just woke up. A tired sigh escapes his mouth as he trudges to his room and practically drops to his bed. At least if he passed out from crying he would be on his bed rather than the floor.

He was quite tired, but he just wasn't tired enough to go to sleep. Though he did have a shift at the cafe, so he had to fall asleep soon that way he woke up early tomorrow to get to his job. 

It took a while to fall asleep, lots of shifting his positions, trying not to cry once again, flashbacks of Katelyn and Travis and that kiss they had shared kept appearing in his head no matter how many times he tried to stray away from that thought.

He only managed to get a few hours of sleep, but at least he got some sleep to function for the day. He tiredly glanced at his clock to check the time. It was only an hour left 'til his shift at the cafe. 

"Maybe I should go get coffee to be more awake. ." Zane softly muttered to himself while rubbing his eyes as if to rub the sleep away. The word coffee triggered the whole encounter with Travis and Zane ending up with the green sweater owned by said Casanova. That whole event was how he even found out he had these feelings for Travis. . .

Fresh, new tears were beginning to form though Zane blinked them away. "No," he grits his teeth, "he isn't worth your tears. You're done crying about him and this whole situation." Zane told himself in a hushed voice.

It seemed to work, or at least he was acting as if what he told himself worked. He got himself ready for work and decided to head over to Aphmau's place for the remaining time he had left before heading out to the cafe.

"Zane!" Aphmau exclaimed when she saw the raven haired at the door. "Hey.." He waved and walked in. His gaze flickered over to the stairs, memories he tried so hard to keep back trying to flash back in his head.

"Zane?" The voice of his best friend brought him back and caused him to look away from the stairs and onto the female. "Are. .you doing okay? After the whole, you know.." Aphmau took a quick glance at the stairs then at Zane.

"Yeah, I'm doing. .alright. I'm trying not to think about it too much. More pain isn't going to help pain." Zane states with a dry chuckle leaving his mouth as well. 

"That's true." A few seconds of silence passed and the two just stood there unsure of what else to say. 

They both perked their heads when the sound of dings were heard. Zane pulled out his phone and frowned partially staring at the screen of his phone. 

"Travis?"

"Yeah. ."

"You know you're gonna have to talk to him about this, right?"

". . ."

Aphmau and Zane walked over to her couch and sat down as Zane just kept staring at his phone.

Travis: Zane

Travis:  Zane, please just answer

Travis: We need to talk about what happened 

Read 7:16 AM

"Zane, you need to talk to him." Aphmau brought up once again. Zane grunted slightly as he tore his gaze away from his phone. "Zane," Aphmau shot him a look. "But Aph.." He lowered his head slightly. "I know, I know but you need to talk to him." Aphmau told him. A sigh left Zane's mouth and he returned his gaze to his phone.

Travis: You're reading this !!

Travis: Zane, c'mon and answer!

Travis: . . . 

Travis: Wait

Travis: I know how to get you to talk to me

Travis: By doing this

Travis: dont u just luv it when I type like dis

Read 7:18 AM

Aphmau kept quiet and she grew intriguied when she noticed that Zane was typing back this time. Was he finally going to listen to Travis? She hoped that was happening and that this would get cleared up.

Zane: Don't* You* Love* This*

Travis: AHA, I knew it'd work!

Travis:  Oh come on, don't go back to just reading my texts

Travis: Z a n e

Travis: y u no just respond

Zane: Why* You*

Travis: Zane, can't you just respond to me? 

Travis: Zane?

Travis: Never mind, it's almost time for your shift at the cafe and you're probably going over there right now.

Travis: I'll stop texting you but we need to talk after your shift or sometime soon Zane

Read 7: 23 AM

"Well, looks like it's time for my shift. Bye Aphmau, I'm heading off." Zane shoved his phone into his pocket as he stood up from the couch. 

"So you talked to him??" Aphmau questioned, getting up herself. "Eh, not really." The male responded while walking to the doors. 

"What do you mean? I saw you texting him." "More like correcting the typos he did on purpose in attempt to get me to talk to him." Zane retorts as he raised his hand and waved bye at Aphmau while walking out the house.

Zane made his way to the Maid Cafe, and thoughts wandered onto his mind about the whole incident with Travis. Did Garroth know about what happened? No, if he did then he would of appeared on the news with Vylad for murder. Should he even tell Garroth or Vylad about this? Gah, so many thoughts were racing in his heads and he couldn't focus on just one. 

He shook his head slightly to get the thoughts away whilst his gaze landed on the cafe. He entered and greeted the manager before entering the back. Stripping from his clothes, he slipped on the maid dress and walked back out. 

He took orders from some people, ignored some flirting, and carried on with his day. He then spotted Gene walking in and taking a seat, so Zane made his way over to him. As Zane was taking his order, Gene had to bring up the whole thing with Travis. 

"Gene, I rather not talk about this right now." Zane told him. Gene stayed silent, his eyes fixed onto Zane before they flickered away. "Alright, understandable." He said. "Thank you," Zane walked over to the kitchen, giving the employees their Gene's order.

Once they've prepared the order, Zane went back to Gene to hand him his food and drink. "So, uh, Zane want to head out and grab a cup of coffee or go to the mall after your shift?" Gene questioned. His dark turquoise eyes latching onto eye contact with Zane's singular icy blue eye.

"Ha, um, sure." Zane agreed with a small smile tugging at his lips. A grin broke onto Gene's face as his eyes lit up. "Great!" Gene exclaimed and Zane continued on with his shift. 

It wasn't long until his shift ended and he was undressing from the maid dress and slipping his usual clothes on. He exits the room and walks over to Gene, who had been patiently waiting for him.

"Let's head out." Gene states as he stood up and the two made their way out the doors. Though at the door stood a certain white haired male. 

"T-Travis. ." Zane tensed up as he stopped walking to stare at the male in front of them. "I came because I knew you would avoid me when you got home, and we really need to talk and clear things up from what happened." Travis explained once he noticed the expression Zane was wearing. 

"Travis," Gene narrowed his eyes at Travis, who mimicked his actions. "Gene." The two didn't break eye contact at all and nobody said a thing at all to break the awkward silence that was created. Zane just stood there looking at the two. Oh boy, Zane was quite concerned on how this might end. Hopefully, it didn't end up messy.