Chapter 20 - Revelations

Rey stared at a holographic projection of the Millennium Falcon spinning in front of her while the computer read off the specifications. 

"The Millennium Falcon. Corellian YT-1300 modified freighter.
Owner: Han Solo, 1.8 meters tall, born approximately 29 years before the Battle of Yavin, Corellian
Wanted by the Galactic Empire for desertion, smuggling, treason, illegally modified ship, aiding the destruction of both Death Stars, member of the Rebel Alliance.

"The Millennium Falcon is grey in color with red primer randomly applied on the hull. Modifications have altered the capabilities beyond knowledge. Only a few are known.
A Class 2.0 primary hyperdrive system with a maximum warp of 0.5 past lightspeed, twice as fast as Imperial starships.
A questionable back-up Class 12 hyperdrive system, with a maximum warp of 1.0 lightspeed.
Duralloy plating covers most of the hull.
Three different shield generators—advanced Kuat Drive Yards, Novaldex, and Nordoxicon shield generators.
High-grade sensor suites tied into the illegal sensor dish.
Illegal sensor jammers.
Most ship functions are funneled through a modified Hanx-Wargel SuperFlow IV computer with three droid brains.

"Armament—a hidden laser cannon near the loading ramp.
A pair of dorsally and ventrally mounted Corellian Engineering Corporation AG-2G quad laser cannons, drawing power from her Quadex power core—modified with enhanced powercyclers, high-volume gas feedbacks, and custom laser actuators.
A pair of illegal Arakyd ST2 Concussion missile launchers mounted between the forward mandibles.

"Length: 34.75 m
Cargo capacity: 25 mT
Crew: minimum a pilot and co-pilot, optional: navigator, communications, and two weapons officers
Maximum sublight speed: 800 kph.

"Warning to all Imperial personnel—This ship is armed and dangerous. Owner has repeatedly escaped Imperial capture, leaving in his wake many Imperial deaths. Recommended strategy is to disable the hyperdrive, which is portside aft. Once the tractor beam brings in the ship, approach with caution. It is suspected that there are hidden compartments, providing her passengers a way to escape.

"Imperial history—The Millennium Falcon was first noted for blasting its way out of Mos Eisley on Tatooine in the Outer Rim a day before the Battle of Yavin. It was then captured by the Death Star I in the Alderaanian asteroid field. With the help of a Jedi outlaw, Captain Solo escaped with the Falcon and was later an accomplice in the destruction of Death Star I the following day.

"Numerous encou—

Ani shut down the hologram. 

"Hey, I wasn't done watching that."

"You are for now." Ani pulled a specification manual on the primary hyperdrive. "Read this. No, better yet, memorize this manual. That hyperdrive is a touchy device."

Rey sat down at the terminal in the power room and started her studies once again. She only finished reading the introduction to the hyperdrive, trying to wrap her brain around the functions of the device before the sun started to appear on the horizon.

She shut down the computer and power generator before heading home to sleep. She would be back the next evening to continue her studies.

 She would be back the next evening to continue her studies