Chapter 9

The next two weeks went by blissfully. Everything was perfect. Skylar and I decided to hold off on the sexual part of our relationship for awhile. We came to that conclusion after we just about did have sex one night when we were alone at my house. She’s still not ready to tell anyone about us so she wasn’t really ready for that. I don’t mind though, I can wait. My brother was still the only one that knew about us and I tried my hardest to change that but Skylar was so scared of her parents that she couldn’t be convinced. Like I said before everything was perfect in our relationship. We acted normal at school. Well, when people could see us that is. Then one day we were sitting at a table in the cafeteria at school with Kayla and Skylar reached over under the table and laced her fingers with mine. I looked over at her and smiled. Then I looked at Kayla and she gave me a weird look. I then realized that Kayla had no idea what was going on. She was our best friend and she had no idea.

Fuck

I let go of Skylar’s hand and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I slid it open and opened a new text to Skylar.

Babe, we need to talk about something. Come over to my house after school? Don’t worry, its nothing bad.

I hit send and a couple minutes later I heard her phone buzz in her pocket. She read it and simply replied “okay”

Later that day Skylar followed me up to my room. I closed the door behind me and she sat down on my bed.

“so. What did you need to talk about?” She asked laying back onto my bed.

“Kayla doesn’t know about us.”

She was silent for a second. Then said “Shit. She doesn’t.”

“She’s our best friend. You have to trust her, and we can’t not tell her this. Shes known us for years.”

“I know, I know. I do trust her and I know she would never even think about telling my parents but… I’m just afraid that…”

She trailed off and I walked over and sat next to her on my bed. She had now sat up from her previous position. I took her face in my hand and looked her straight in the eyes. She had a worried look on her face.

“Babe, you have nothing to be afraid of. She’s our best friend and she loves us for who we are. We’re telling her…tonight. I asked her to come over later.”

She just stared at me for a while. Then she sighed and laid back on my bed again. “You’re right. We need to tell her.”

I smiled at my victory and laid down on the bed next to her.

“You’ll live.”

An hour or so later we were in my kitchen talking about how we were going to do this. Skylar was sitting on the counter of the island in the middle of the kitchen. I was leaning up against the other counter across from her. The doorbell rang and I knew it was Kayla. I walked out of the kitchen and through the living room to the door. I opened the door and Kayla was on the other side.

“Hey sexy! What’s up?!” she walked past me not even waiting for my response. I closed the door behind her and she turned around and looked at me.

“Why is it so quiet in here? Wheres Sky?” She could tell something wasn’t right.

“She’s in the kitchen.” Kayla then walked into the kitchen and I followed. She said hi to Skylar and then we all fell silent.

“Okay. What the fuck? What the hell is up with you two? You’ve been acting really strange lately. If I didn’t know better I would’ve thought you guys killed someone.” I laughed along with Skylar at Kayla’s random outburst. I leaned against the counter again and figured we’d better just get it over with.

“Well, me and Kayla do have to tell you something. It’s kind of important.” I began.

“Shit. You actually did kill someone didn’t you?!” I laughed at her again, then glanced at Skylar. She looked nervous. It was kind of adorable.

“No we didn’t kill anyone. Um, I don’t really have any other way of saying this so I’m just gonna say it. Me and Skylar are both gay and um well Skylar’s my girlfriend.” Kayla burst out laughing.

“You have got to be kidding. You guys have barely even came close to any physical contact in the past few weeks! Theres no way you can be making out with each other!” After she said that I thought for a second and then came up with the easiest way to convince her. I walked over to Skylar and stood in between her legs. I glanced at Kayla and then closed the distance between me and Sky. She was confused at first but then kissed me back with just as much passion. I placed my hands on her hips and slid her closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and slipped her tongue into my mouth. I then pulled away and leaned my head on hers. I laughed at her eagerness. Then I turned to Kayla and started laughing harder. She just stood there with her mouth hanging open. Skylar laughed with me and then finally she spoke. “No. Fucking. Way.”