Chapter 5

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. What I saw confused me slightly. In the middle of the night Skylar had apparently moved much closer to me. Now she was curled up against me. She was facing me on her side with her head up against the center of my chest. Her right hand rested on my stomach and her left was up by her face. My arms were wrapped around her and our legs intertwined. She was still asleep. I decided to enjoy this moment and let her sleep because I knew that whatever is going to happen when she wakes up probably isn’t going to be pleasant. So for now I let her sleep, adorably and peacefully.

The peace only lasted for about fifteen minutes however. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I guess our position didn’t register at first.

“What. The.  Fuck?” She finally realized what was going on.

“Good morning.” I said awkwardly. She moved away from me and got out of my bed. I missed her warmth against me. She grabbed her phone off of the night stand and headed towards the door. I jumped up and stopped her.

“Where are you going?” I asked

 “I’m going home.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to be here right now.”

“You can’t just ignore this and forget it happened. We need to talk about it.”

“No Adrian we don’t. I don’t want to talk about it.”

“So you’re just going to forget it happened?”

“Yeah I am and you should too because I’m not gay and we’ll never be together!” She pushed past me and walked out into the hallway. Before she went down the stairs I whispered “I can’t. I love you Skylar.” She turned around and looked at me, then turned away and left. I went back into my room put some pants on and walked outside. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I sat down on the bench next to me. I don’t know why I just said that I loved her. I hadn’t expected that, but now that I think about it I guess I do. I couldn’t just forget what happened. I couldn’t just let her walk away from me like that. I will fight for her, because I love her and I realize now that I truly always have.