Chapter 7

I parked my car a block away from her house and sat there for a second. I questioned whether or not I really wanted to do this. I had to talk to her. I stepped out into the freezing cold winter air. It was the middle of November and also the middle of the night. I walked to her house and then into her back yard. Her room was on the second floor and there was no conveniently placed tree outside her window like mine. So I had to pick the lock on the back door and sneak in. I chose the back door because her parents room was closer to the front door. I quickly picked the lock and stepped in. The house was dead silent except for her father’s occasional snoring. I closed the door behind me as silently as I could and made my way towards the stairs. As quietly as I could I snuck up the stairs and over to Skylar’s room. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Skylar was fast asleep. I stepped in and closed the door. Then I walked over to her bed and sat down next to her.

“Skylar.” I whispered as I gently touched her arm. She woke up and turned around. She looked at me for a second.

“Adrian!!” she screamed and then tackled me. Like she literally tackled me to the ground.

“I’m so confused.” She hugged me tightly and then got up.

“How did you get in here?” she asked sitting back down on her bed.

“um I picked the lock but I thought you were ignoring me. That’s why I came here.”

“No I would never ignore you. My dad found out that I stayed at your house without his permission and he got really pissed. He took away my phone and my laptop. He wouldn’t even let me go to school. He’s over it now though. Why would I be ignoring you?”

“oh. But I came here a couple days ago and he said you didn’t want to talk to me.”

“He was probably still pissed. He never even told me you came. You never answered my question.”

“Oh. Um well you seemed really mad the other day when you left so I thought you were mad at me for kissing you.”

“hah did it really seem like I didn’t want to kiss you? I got mad the next morning because if you haven’t figured it out yet being gay is a major sin in my family. I was confused and I didn’t want to believe it.”

“Well it definitely seemed like you liked kissing me, and I guess that makes sense.” I felt incredibly stupid for misunderstanding the whole situation.

She stood back up and said “and now I’ve had a lot of time to think about it.”

“then what’s your decision? Do you want to be with me?” She smirked deviously a stepped towards me.

“What do you think?” I didn’t have a chance to reply because our lips met. Softly at first, then with a lot more passion.  I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. Her hands tangled into my hair. I bit her bottom lip and, gaining access, I slipped my tongue into her mouth. I explored her mouth and she pushed me up against the wall. We stopped momentarily to breathe. There was no longer any space between us. I took this opportunity to answer her question.

“I think that’s a yes.” She laughed and we began kissing again. I started to loose myself in her kiss. It seemed there was nothing else in the world but us. My moment of pure happiness was quickly interrupted by the sound of someone coming up the stairs.

“Shit my parents!” Skylar whispered before she began shoving me towards the closet. She shoved me into her closet before I could protest. She laid back down in her bed right before her mom came in the room. She obviously thought Skylar was sleeping and left the room. We heard the bathroom door shut a few minutes later. I ran out of the closet and out her bedroom door. Then I stopped and ran back to her. I kissed her softly and smirked. She rolled her eyes and I went down the stairs as quickly as I could. I quietly opened the back door, locked it, then closed it and ran back to my car. I couldn’t stop smiling the whole way home.