Chapter 12 : Projects and Skittles

Avery's POV

After getting rid off the steam that I had just now at Biology, I head off to the cafeteria for food. That is the only time that I can get a break and refreshments. People ask me why I like to eat. This is the reason why.

People eat to live but I live to eat.

I rather do the project alone at home than bring Jayden back to my place. I always do it in the room. Me and him alone in a room is a disaster and who knows what will happen? I don't even want to imagine it. Shrugging the thoughts off, I walk to where we usually sit. I sat and munch on my fry.

"So, you and Jayden huh?" Kate teased. This is another reason why I hate involving myself with boys. I will get shipped with that person.

"It's just a project. Nothing will happen. Stop it already," I said.

"You and him in a room. I can just smell the love in the air. Remember that opposite attracts Avery. It's true love," She said with amusement in her tone.

They really need to stop thinking that. That is just messed up not 'true love'. There is no such thing as love anyway. People will just leave each other. I don't know why everyone falls for that bull. Except me of course. I just ignore that statement and continue to eat like a pig. I didn't get to eat breakfast since I woke up a little late than usual. So when that shit happens, I will just eat whatever food that I see.

While eating, I feel a presence beside me. Blond hair and blue eyes.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Ashley over there?" I asked.

Ashley is the Queen Bitch. She is the typical blond hair and model-like figure. Wears tons or make up that makes her look like Barbie. Maybe more whiter if that is possible. Acts all high class and the daughter of the principal. Also, she is the captain of the cheerleading team.

And last but not least, she is obsessed with Jayden.

"Cause why not? She is too boring and hot to be around with. I just want to spend with my little nerd," He said while putting his right arm above my shoulders. I just left it there because I was too busy laughing at Kate and Aria. They have boys around them too.

Beside Kate there was Dustin. The prankster in our school. There is this once, he glued our Math's teacher chair to her butt and she never found out. While Aria's there is Chase. The quiet amongst the three.

One thing that they three have in common is the way I look at them is how I look at food.

<><>

I am at home preparing for the project. We discussed that I will do the research and he will do the slides. At the last minute, the teacher told us that we can choose to do about cells or reproductive system. So, being Jayden, he chose the second one obviously. He is supposed to come here any minute now.

Ding!

Speaking of the devil, he shall appear. I opened the door and let him in.

"The house looks cleaner than last time. You clean it just for me baby?" He asked with a wink. I smacked his arm playfully and bring him to my room. Man, it sounds so wrong.

I gave him my resources and he immediately do the slides in no time. He became serious all of the sudden. That is rare and I kind of like it. He looks so handsome when he is serious. Oh my goodness gracious. What did I just said? I am in trouble. I am liking his looks already. Well I am strong girl. I can succeed in this bet. No falling in love with this perfect god.

Finally, we are done. It took us two and a half hours. Which to me is quite unbelievable since he cracked some sexual jokes and I always laugh about it. He took out a bag of Skittles and I gulped.

"Want some?" He asked.

I scarily took one which is red in color.

"I have blue, you have red. Want to make it purple?"

Did he just said that? Oh my god.

I'm-

"NO. Sorry to disappoint you though. I bet you want some of this," I said. He seemed shocked and believe it or not, I am too. Where did this sudden boost of confidence came from? I plopped the Skittles in my mouth and saw him smirking. He leaned and before anything could happen, I just stand up and jumped.

Oh no, I was high.

Heyyyy. Finally an update! I hope that you enjoy it! Love you alls❣️

Love,

Nasha🍌