Chapter39- Blank Space

Start from the beginning

"Jack, how was your company?" Mr. Frost asked nonchalantly.

"Amazing." He replied without even wanting to give him a glance.

"Any other things?" Mr. Frost rolled an eye to him, "amazing isnt an valid answer."

"Nothing more." Jack replied simply. He didnt want to reply, or even look at him.

There came the silence again. The atmosphere was scary. Mr Frost was glaring at Jack, and Jack glared back. It was like there was a strong tension between them, and anyone who walked close to them would be killed by their intensive staring skills.

"Honey, maybe we could.."Mrs Frost trailed off, wanting to end their stare contest.

"Shush." That was what she got for reply. She shut herself and sat there quietly, not daring to say a thing and looking embarrassed even.

"Why are you transfering my people  from my company, son?" Mr. Frost eventually said something.

"I have certain shares of your company, dad. I have every single right to do that." He answered.

"Are you now competing with me, son?" He rolled an eyeball, " you know you could never be successful without me."

"Yea? And my company won over in these past months." He argued back, "you treat your workers like shit. How about you think about why they are willing to be my side instead of yours?"

Being the small potato, I sat there quietly, not wanting to make another conflict.

Mr. Frost hit the table with his palm forcefully, giving a glare to Jack. His glare could kill everything, even the fly which was flying across flew faster to avoid his glare.

Jack wasnt bad at this glaring thing either. He glared back, another dead glare. I had never seen him being like that.

Battle began. Here came the third World War--

"I wonder when is she coming." Mrs Frost took one of Mr. Frost hand and asked.

Yea and she cut the battle off. Who was coming anyway? Instinctively, my eyebrows formed a knit.

Mr. Frost gave her a silent nod, but not turning to her. Jack looked at me like a lost puppy either. Apparently he didnt know about who this mysterious person was.

"And it wouldnt be pleasant if you two are here, fighting. Now gentlemen, make up please." She requested, crossing her arms.

Not giving a damn to his mum, Jack and Mr. Frost turned back to their glaring contest. Jack mumbled, " who is coming?"

"Oh you didnt know?" Mrs. Frost asked, well, it was more like acting. And her acting skills was even better than Angelina Jolie. Just simply bravo.

Jack shot her a glare, but was cut shortly by Mr. Frost, " no need to be rude, Son. You should know fairly well who she is."

Jack eyes widened in fear. Then he gave me a unspeakable look, and turned back to his parents.

And here I was, sitting there and knowing nothing. Who was "she"? Some relatives with super red lipstick plastered on their face? Or crazy-cat-lady typed paparazzi?

"Sorry I am late."

That caught my attention momentarily, dragging myself back to my crazy cat lady thoughts.

Well, I wish she was some crazy old cat ladies typed parrazzi.

"Oh my darling! You are looking prettier and prettier everyday! How are you doing?" Mrs. Frost's eyes lighten as a kid in Christmas. A -trying- to - be- welcoming- but- failed- totally smile appeared on her artificial face. They kissed each other on the cheeks like those mean girls movies.