Epilogue

As y'all can see from above and from the previous chapter; I thoroughly enjoy creating mood boards for the characters within my books nowadays. Somebody stop me, lmfao.

Tuesday, September 6, 1994

Omniscient

It had officially been 14 months Eric and Alex tied the knot and things were continuing to look up for the both of them.

Retrospective had went certified Platinum back in March of last year. The "Ain't Nobody (Who Could Love Me) [Remix]" video shoot with Queen Latifah was a complete success... That's without Jerry's assistance, of course. Now, Alex was prepping a follow-up with the same team that would allow fans to tap into her marriage and motherhood a little more than with her debut album. No, she didn't exactly have a name or release date for this upcoming project, but she wasn't exactly rushing it either because little did the fans or media know Alex and Eric were expecting a second child around mid-November. It was a boy this time around and he was definitely gonna be a Jr.

As for Eric, his second EP, It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa had went certified 2x Multi-Platinum earlier in the year. Now that he had the reassurance that he was still dominating the Gangsta rap music industry, he set out to find new acts for Ruthless. While promoting a concert out in Cleveland, Ohio back in November of last year, he was bombarded by a multi-talented group that called themselves B.O.N.E. Enterpri$e. Right after the concert, he took the group back to LA where he renamed the group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and signed them on to the Ruthless roster alongside himself, Alex, Dresta, B.G. Knocc Out, MC Ren, DJ Yella, Menajahtwa, Above the Law, and Atban Klann. In the midst of bringing in new talent, he was also ditching some and one of them just so happened to be Jerry. He admitted he had gotten a dose of his own medicine after what O'Shea and Andre had been trying to tell him all those years, but now he had seen the light.

Eric had made a promise to Alex that after he did his part with producing and promoting Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's debut EP, Creepin on ah Come Up that he'd spend more time with her and the kids, and that's exactly what he did. The couple retreated to Montego Bay, Jamaica with their now 4-year-old daughter, Emani in celebration on Eric's 30th birthday. 

Alex stepped out onto the balcony of the luxurious 3-bedroom villa her, Eric, and Emani would be sharing for 8 days straight; sporting a simple, yet comfortable navy blue striped maxi dress, black flip flops, a black leather Coach tote bag, and a pair of Chanel sunglasses. She closed her eyes, deeply inhaling the refreshing air of Jamaica before approaching her husband whom was lounging in one of the white outdoor chaise lounge chairs.

"Baby, I'm taking Emani down by the pool now. Do you want us to wait on you?" She asked softly, careful not to startle him.

"Nah, I don't wanna hold y'all up. I'll just meet y'all down there." He responded, never ripping his eyes away from the breathtaking view they had of the oceanfront and numerous palm trees. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, yeah, y'all go on without me."

"Alright." She turned her body towards the shutter doors that were open, prepping to enter the villa again until Eric grabbed a hold of her hand, stopping her from doing so.

"Alex..." He called out.

"Yes?" She spoke, retracing her steps.

"What'll you think if... I got N.W.A back together again?" He had finally ripped his eyes away from the beautiful setting in front of him in order to glance up at his wife with a solemn expression written on his face.

She scoffed playfully, placing her free hand on top of her growing stomach.

"Excuse me, but am I still speaking to the same Eazy-E that was just calling my older brother a "she-thang" on wax 12 months back?" She giggled obnoxiously while shaking her head in disbelief. "All jokes aside, baby. You know I've been about a N.W.A reunion since day one, but this decision damn sure ain't up to me. You started this shit, so I don't see why you can't piece it back together. It's all about being the bigger person at this point."