Not the norm #5 (Final)

A/N: And here's the final chapter of 'Not the Norm'! I hope all of you enjoy~

The next short imagine will be Daehyun; Twelve Membered Group! Please look forward to it!

---

10 years later...

Yongguk straightened his suit and tie, staring at the mirror with the reflection of himself.

Today, is the day.

He exited the car, outside the church, greeting man happy faces. Shaking hands with them and bowing.

"Congrats, Yongguk!" One of his friends exclaimed.

"Thank you."

He stood outside the church were there was a board standing, 'Marriage of Bang and Lee'.

Aerin left home the day he was going to confess to her. She had read the journal. He never knew. He spent five years looking for her, till he finally gave up. Indeed as promised, his parents called the wedding he hated, off.

Three years later, he met her again. Now she was going to be part of their family again. He feels noting but being overwhelmed.

He walked into the chapel, everyone smiling. Till the bride of the day caught his attention, at the front, attending to guests.

She snapped her head to the side, gazes meeting with the one she fell in love with years ago. So much as changed.

She smiled and walked up to him, "Hey."

He rubbed his nape, "Hey."

"How have you been?" She chuckled.

"Great. You? I can't believe this day finally came."

"Yeah. Surprising, huh?" She eye smiled.

Then, another figure appeared beside her, his arms sliding across Aerin's waist, "Hey Yongguk. Thanks for coming!"

Yongguk chuckled and bro-fisted with his Brother, "Why wouldn't I be at my brother's wedding?"

The siblings laughed as Yongnam intertwined his fingers with his bride to be.

"We have to go get ready now, see you later," Yongnam waved to Yongguk.

"Enjoy the ceremony, thanks again for coming," Aerin smiled.

"Anything for you two. Congrats again!" Yongguk flashed his signature gummy smile and walked off to join his family at the bench at the front of the chapel.

He smiled bitterly. The girl he loves dearly joins his family, not through him, but his Brother. His twin brother. As much as they were twins, they shared so many differences instead of similarities. But something both of them had in common was their unconditional love they have for this one girl, Lee Aerin.

Today, is the day, his love, Lee Aerin was going to get married to his Brother, Bang Yongnam.

Everyone says Yongnam and Aerin look great together.

Yongguk thinks not, only he and Aerin does. But funny thing was he and Yongnam are like 'photocopied' faces of each other.

He watched as the two said their vows and Yongnam kissed Aerin, making her blush. Those actions only done by he, himself ten years ago. Who would've foreseen this to happen.

Fighting with his Brother for a girl don't be worth it. Nor would it do either of them good. He says he would want her to be happy. She certainly is. But he isn't.

Some things are meant to let go off, he always say. But some aren't. Like those you dearly love. But he went against his own words.

He undid his tie and hung it on the sofa, then lying down on it, closing his eyes to rest, only to feel something lunge onto him.

"Oh my! Oh, annyeong Jae-ah," he chuckled and stood up with the dog in his arms, "At least I didn't lose you, right?"

Jae snuggled in his arms, soon falling asleep. Yongguk smiled at bitterly before placing it on its bed gently, stroking his fur lightly.

Jae was the only thing that cheered him up with he's down. The only one that has the ability to do so. But sometimes Jae was also the reason he felt so guilty for his past actions and words.

Opening the tattered journal, he found an old picture he took with Aerin when the two were in Hong Kong. He felt his tears streaming down his face again, staining a page. He picked up his pen and began writing...

1st July 2026

Day 3775 since she left

Today, the day I wished had come. The day the love of my life, gets married. The only difference is, the groom, isn't me. But my Brother.

At least I know she's happy now. And the person she's with won't hurt her like I did.

I regret.

But you can't rewind time.

And you only know how much one means...

When they're gone.