Chapter 42

"New chapter in a couple of hours" she said.

"Today is a good day" she said.

Yeah cos you totally didn't forget about the chapter and fall asleep did you Hannah?

God sake.

Why do I say I will do things when I won't??

•••

"I actually can't be arsed for school next week," I groan as I lie on my hospital bed.

"Neither can I," Ryan agrees, sipping coffee out of a cardboard costa cup he got from downstairs in the cafeteria, "I hate school with a strong passion, especially since we're going to the same school as Freddie."

"It can't be as bad as beading school though," I say.

Ryan looks at me, "What was boarding school like? Was it as strict as they are in all these books?"

"Honestly? Yes," I confirm, "Without my friend Kristen, who I haven't contacted since Christmas so remind me to later... i would have been lonely and probably still at that boarding school because without her mom buying us tickets, I never would have been able to go to TATINOF to see my dad again."

"I asked you about the school... not about Krisen..."

"Kristen," I correct, enthersising the t, "And i was about to say about that before you interrupted me."

"Sorry," he mutters as he looks in his phone to correct his 'wonky' beanie.

"Anyway, there was this teacher called Mrs Turnt? Yeah, I swear she hated me and Kristen. She was always giving us all the hard questions to do and making us get embarrassed. Then we had a manners class..."

"Manners class?!" Ryan questioned.

I laugh, "Yeah, it was pretty awful."

"Sounds it."

"And then we had to do a french course and a Spanish and I already know Japanese..."

"What are you? Fucking google translate?" Ryan asks.

"Shut up," I say as I hit him over the head with my hand, "I am not google translate."

"So what other shitty lessons did you do?"

"Archery."

"That's not shitty!"

"I know its not. I just wanted to make you jealous that the boarding school had a archery target and real bows." I say.

"Well your going to have to enjoy an extreme down ground when you join your new school Saint Nicks," Ryan says.

"At least there isn't a uniform like there was at the boarding school; hideous yellow tie with black stripes, a black blazer and white shirt, a black skirt, tights, tie up shoes, hair HAD to be tied back, minimal make-up on." I list off.

That is one thing boarding school made me realise, uniform sucks.

Ryan smiles, "Yeah own clothes is a lot better."

I nod, "Plus the dorms were crampt."

He nods as my dad walks in, "Hey Dez."

"Hey," i greet back with a small smile.

"How's your side?"

"Err... still a bit painful," I admit, "But a lot better than it was."

Ryan stands up, "I've finished my coffee so I'm off to find Dan and Willow."

"They were in the canteen last time I saw them," my dad confirms before Ryan walks out.