Chapter 32

Surgery went ok. I mean, my nose is now fixed and isn't a wonky mess on my face.

I guess thats a bonus.

I was really tired as I flopped down on the bed. I didn't sleep at all last night, fearing I would have the same nightmare.

And what if I had it again tonight?

I run a hand through my hair. I couldn't understand what the hell was going on with me. Why was I ending up in hospital so much? Was it because I was stupid? Of course it was.

I can't help but wonder why my mom has become such a idiot lately. Why did she beat me up? I know I disobeyed her, but she didn't need to beat me up over it. It wasn't like I had gone out and got drunk, done drugs and then had sex. No!

I went and met my dad and uncle with my best friend.

Thinking about sex makes me remember the party. That was so long ago. But the argument just after it felt like it was yesterday, the words spoken between my parents fresh in my mind.

Thinking about it... it really WAS my fault my parents split up.

I should have denied Esme's party request and now I could be at home with a happy mom and dad. I wouldn't have my dad crash the party to get me. I wouldn't have had my dad yelling at my mom saying it was her fault and vice versa.

The one time I 'go outside the box' and it blows up in my face.

Only this was more like a meteor hitting me rather than an explosion.

I look to my left. I see my screen light up and I put my hand out and grab it.

One new message
Esme 🖕:
I have only just heard about your parents divorce. I'm so sorry and hope your ok xx

Four words.

What the actual fuck?

D: Only just heard? The divorce happened 4 months ago.

E: I've been busy

D: FOR 4 MONTHS?!

E: I've been out having fun unlike you.

D: Tbh i couldn't care less about you having fun and cheating on Noah. I've got bigger things on my mind.

E: Like what? What your going to wear to meet your weirdo lesbian date? Also, I'm not going out with Noah anymore. I'm going out with Chris. Well... kinda. We're not going out 'out' but we have had sex.

Gross!

D: Esme that's fucking disgusting! I've just got out of nose surgery!

E: You had plastic surgery? Tbh, couldn't blame you. Your nose was a really weird shape. Must have got it from your dad.

Bitch!

D: My dad does not have a weird nose. And no, I did not have plastic surgery.

E: Then why did you need nose surgery?

D: Because it became wonky after my mom punched it when she beat me up.

Silence.

...

E: YOUR MOM BEAT YOU UP?!

D: Well that's what I just told you wasn't it?

E: Why would she punch you in the nose and beat you?!

D: Oh let me think. Well it was either the fact that I went to see my dad without her 'permission' or the fact that she too thought I had a fucked up nose like you do.

E: Desi I was kidding

D: Kidding? KIDDING?

E: Ye, like joking

D: Well your 'joke' wasn't very funny

E: I'm trying to lighten the mood

D: Lighten the mood? You just told me I needed to get plastic surgery!

E: Look...

D: No! Fucking save it. Go back to having sex you underaged whore.

E: Desi! How could you call me that?!

D: Well it's not like you aren't is it? He's 16 and your 14.

E: it's only a 2 year age gap. And besides, you wouldn't like it if I called you a whore.

D: No I wouldn't. I'd hate it as much as if someone told me I needed plastic surgery. Oh wait! You already did that!

E: You're such a pain to resolve things with.

D: ME THE PAIN?!

E: Yeah, you. You won't let me put my opinions forward.

D: I think I've already read enough of your opinions on me to last me a life time thanks

E: Fuck you Desi Lester.

D: It's Destiny Thomson to you actually

E: What?

D: Never mind.

D: And if you want me to have surgery, you're paying for it.

With a agonising sigh, I put my phone down.

"Having a rough time?"

I look up and see my uncle sitting down. I laugh, "You can say that."

"What's gone on now?"

"I could waste my breathe... or I could just show you," I say, scrolling to the conversation and handing my phone to my uncle.

He reads through it. He had different expressions on his face during the course of the conversation, from anger to amusement.

"Wow..." he says once he is done.

"Yeah. I know."

"Do you want my advice?"

"Go ahead."

"Call her a name that'll amuse you every time her name appears and ignore her."

I sigh, "I guess."

"Well at least she's out your life now."

"Maybe..."

•••

Just a filler 🙂