Chapter 41

"Miss Thomson, with or without the 'pitty card', I think it is pretty obvious that Phil Lester will and always will have custody of Desi Lester."

I feel a breathe of relief leave my body and I run and hug my dad.

"Not only this, but I am sending you, Miss Thomson, and the evidence to a higher court to have you sentenced to jail for threatening to kill someone and extensive child abuse."

"WHAT?! NO!" My mom screams.

"CASE CLOSED!!" The judge says, slamming her hammer down on the wooden surface of the desk and walking out.

You'd think everything would go happy from here on...

You'd think the nightmare of my mom would have ended...

I am suddenly grabbed by the collar and pulled backwards, my head slamming into someones chest as I scream before something cold, circular and recognisable is pressed against my skull.

Oh god please not...

"Ashley... get the gun away from my daughters head," my dad says, his eyes wide as he stares.

Shit.
~~~~~

If I had panic running through my body earlier when the court case was taking place... then Brendon Urie and the rest of his disco were now partying in my system.

This was just fucking fantastic.

"I told you I would kill her. I told you and I warned you and now I am going go do it right in front of your very own eyes." My mom says through gritted teeth towards my dad.

I look towards him. He is staring and you can see his face colour has drained so much he is now the colour if Casper the friendly ghost.

Locking eye contact with my uncle who was still in the jury bench, I could tell he was scared. That he didn't know what to do.

Go get help, I mouth to him, please

Nodding, he hurries off out the court room.

"No one will be able to help you. This gun in loaded and ready to kill," my mom says.

I gulp.

I wasn't ready to die yet! I was 14! I had so much to live for!

I could only beg that Dan would get help...

As if on queue, police began to file in quickly, telling my mom to let me go out of her hostage grip. They had them protective barriers to form a circle around us too.

Those were what told me seriously how motherfucking big this issue was.

"Mam, can we ask you to let the girl go?" One of the many police officers asks, my dad now safely behind the police barrier where as I was still, being held 'hostage'.

My heart was beating quickly as my mom laughed, "No."

"M-m-mom... p-please..." I whimper, "L-l-let me g-g-go."

(IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

... sorry I had to)