Chapter 14

I UNFORTUNATELY DO NOT HAVE A SONG TO GO WITH THIS CHAPTER (oopsies!) BUT I HAVE A SONG FOR A LATER CHAPTER. I AM THINKING THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO END THE BOOK IN THE NEXT COUPLE CHAPTERS. BUT WE WILL SEE... ENJOY!!!

🤓😘👍🏻

We started to wonder back to the train. We were both uncomfortable and nervous, but the silence between us was thundering through my ears.

We were both in our own little worlds it seemed like.

What does he see right now? Does he still see... That?

...Who is he?

...what is he?

I was desperate for one of us to break the ice and ask the first question... I guess I'm the lucky one this time...

Woopee

We had just arrived at the train, but I wasn't ready to start moving yet so I sat with my back to the train and leaned against it. Even though it'll probably leave a huge stain on my t-shirt.

He sat down next to me. I was half hoping he would just leave me to my thoughts. But no. Guess I'm stuck with breaking the ice. Again.

I took a deep breath as if I were about to say something and his focus snapped to me.

He must've been as nervous as I was. About talking I mean.

And then much to both of our disappointment I just let the air out in a big sigh.

And so thanks to me the silence is really awkward and I honestly thought that we would be frozen in that moment meant forever.

Both with our head, and body for that matter, in the clouds

Lost in our own thoughts.

And just simply. Lost

🌥🚂🌥🚂

Well. After a while, we silently decided to end our little break.

I wonder if We'll ever get home...

"Don't worry. You will get home."

"Wait.. Did I say that out loud?"
Did I seriously think out loud again?!

"Haha! Yep you did. You should really work on controlling your mouth."

"Ugh! Is it wrong for me to think out loud every now and then?"

"Well no. It's just. Well what if sometime you think about something more personal. I mean, if you said something that's really private I front of me, well this whole ride would just be awkward for the rest of the time."

"But what if there isn't a 'rest of the time'."

He looked at me with a puzzles face. I. Could call it cute if I wanted to, but I really don't want to so yeah.

"I mean, what if this IS the rest of our time, Ya know?" He still had that look glued to his face. "I'm just... I'm just not ready for the rest of my life yet."

"Rrright. Umm. So you've been getting really sentimental lately and it's kinda weirding me out."

"Oh I'M weirding you out!? WHAT ABOUT THAT... That THING THAT I SAW OUT THERE!? Why isn't THAT weirding you out!?"

He stared at me. His face was drained of all emotion. I almost regret saying those things. After all I don't know him. I don't who he is not what his backstory is like.
I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. And then I felt his eyes burning through my cheeks and decided to go ahead and return his gaze, assuming that's what he wanted me to do.

"Yep. I knew it would be a bad idea to look at you..." Neither of us broke the gaze. But how could I? All the emotion was back in his face, screaming for attention.

Then he let out a huge sigh and said something that totally hit me by suprise.

".... I am REALLY hungry. Soo can we continue this staring contest later? Like. After dinner?"

END CHAPTER 14

A/N

Okay so at the end it's weird cause they seem totally unfazed or whatever and they still leave my really talked about it. But hey. What do you expect? They're like. 17. Usually 17 year olds don't go through this stuff. Anyway. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Ps. Sorry for the message that said I wouldn't continue. I'd had a hard day.

Pps. I am also sorry if I switch between past and present tense. I usually write chapters at night so it can be hard to focus :)

THANK YOU!!!