Chapter 1-Poseidon's Daughter

Hi guys!
So, this is my first book! I really don't know whether it's good enough or not though so please leave comments! I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Fee :)
P.s. Above is a pic of what colour Coral's hair is!

Well, um...hi?

I'm Loco (Coral)....that's my nickname anyway.... Loco I mean.

My dad hates it though...but I guess he would hate it if it wasn't something he hadn't come up with! He always has to get what he wants and DOES get it just because he's Poseidon.

Do you know how many times I hear that?! Oh you're Poseidon's daughter, oh Poseidon this Poseidon that... Wait, oh yeah?!

I forgot to mention... Yeah, my dad is Poseidon. 'Oh! *gasp* Poseidon?' I hear you say... Well yeah get over it.

Sorry, that was rude... And the worst part is I'm not even human! No, not even a tiny bit!

Well except for the fact that I can shape shift, I could become a human then...

Well you're probably wondering what the hell I am then! Aren't you?! I'm a stinkin' fish! Well not technically...I'm... A

Mermaid.

Well, i guess you could say that I am a part human then.. Half woman half fish thing.

So you could say that I'm just a normal 18 year old mer-fish girl, who lives in the sea with her mermaid friends, her mythical dad who's a god and her mother who's a goddess!

Not to mention the fact that I have many other powers...

You know, I never talk to ANYBODY about my life, I'm really shy...so you are pretty damn lucky to be getting this much out of me!

Anyway back to my dad... Oh my Cod you'll never guess what he did yesterday?! Huh?! Go on then, Guess!

He practically just about sold me off to some guy I've never met before! And If you don't know what I'm talking about... Well basically my dad is close friends with the 'prime minister' of Mermaidia (I know right! What a name! Geez, state the obvious!) well his son (Ricky) is almost royalty being so close to my dad and everything... So do you know what my father did?!

He agreed to me getting married to that oaf!

Apparently it was 'very sweet' and it would look good to the public! I haven't even met the guy! And besides, I've got Ben... We've been going out seriously for about a year now and... I love him.

I guess Dad will never take that into account though.

There are the obvious things that I could do, like run away with Ben where hopefully we could be happy forever but I don't know whether he truly feels the same way I do, I mean he's never actually said that he loves me...

***

I got up early this morning and combed my hair I put on my favourite turquoise corset (yes we don't just wear shell bras and swim around!) and combed my hair.

Dad was asleep, I could hear him ranting and raving about politics or something he always dreams about parliament and politics on good nights?! Imagine how mad he'll be if I run off?!

Anyways I then decided to swim to Ben's. We had to talk at some point...

Why can't I chose what I want to do?! I mean, it's my life for Cods sake!

Ben obviously saw me coming as I watched him pull the curtains across his window to peep out of his bedroom window as I was arriving.

I rang the shell bell (door bell) but he was already there. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me towards him.

"Good morning my Loco little sea monkey!"

He kissed me then swiftly and softly.

I pushed away on his chest gently as he leaned to carry on. We needed to talk.

He looked surprised as if he could smell the desperation off me, the desperation to hold him longer, forever without my other marriage plans getting in the way.

He must feel so awkward....

Just tell him! Ugh, why couldn't I do it?!

"We need to talk." Was all I simply said, I feel like such an idiot! Is that the best I could think of?!

He then stepped back slowly, indicting for me to go in... Oh, now I'd done it!
"Um," (oh Cod, he must feel awkward now!)

"Are you okay?" He suddenly managed to spit out.

He looked almost scared as if he knew something was coming...

I looked up into his sparkling emerald eyes and pulled my head closer to his to kiss him again. I didn't want to over do it so I simply ran my fingers through his short brown, soft hair.

He didn't object, he simply joined in, he carried on desperately crushing my lips against his.

I then grabbed hold of his hand and entwined my fingers around his, gently I led him towards the sofa in his living room.