Chapter 16 - A Halloween Celebration

Chapter 16

A Halloween Celebration

With Halloween quickly approaching, Alice recruited me, Mom, Rosalie and Esme to help out with ordering supplies and decorations. She gave us each a list to go online and order. Alice wanted to invite some of the school kids too but we all animatedly objected. She pouted but got over it quickly when the Denali's said they were coming. I was glad they were coming. I hadn't seen them since the trip to Volterra.

Since Alice was still sewing the costumes, Rosalie was in charge of the decorations once they arrived. I could not believe some of the stuff they got. It was too, cliché, for a lack of a better word.

The front yard of the main house was turned into a spooky grave yard. Dad did not like that one bit and even tried to talk Carlisle in to telling them to take it down. He lost the argument since it was only up for two days. Esme began making spooky edibles and Emmett began rigging scare traps in the back yard. When triggered, the trap would release either a ghostly figuring falling out of a tree or some other hideously looking creature.

He went a little over board after we received a call from Sam and Emily telling us that all of his first crew was coming up; leaving the younger and second pack to guard the tribe. Jacob was excited too. Jacob and I had to prepare for the extra guests so we rode into town together to buy extra blankets, pillows, air mattresses and whatever else we needed. We also had a list from Esme, Rosalie, Mom, Carlisle, and Alice to pick up for each of them.

Since my car was too small for all the things we were going to buy, we took my Mom's car. We both looked at each other and laughed as we hoped that Mom's car would have enough room too. After all, we had to buy several air mattresses, pillows and whatever else was on the lists.

I was excited that our big, extended family would all come to visit again. I was sure Carlisle and Esme had something to do with their visit since they were all flying in. I didn't care though, I was glad they were coming. There were still a few that wouldn't be here but I was promised a Thanksgiving visit for those who weren't coming for Halloween. Jacob's father being one of them and my Grandpa!

After an entire day of shopping and store hopping, Jacob and I headed home. I was so glad he was driving because I eventually drifted to sleep on the way home.

Emmett helped us unload the car and I just ran straight home. I was so sleepy I just jumped into bed. I didn't even have a clue as to when Jacob would be back and was too tired to find out.

I didn't know how long I slept but when I heard voices coming from outside I shot straight up. It was Jacob talking to someone so I went to say hi. Jacob, Collin and Bradey were out there goofing around and playing.

I stood there on the front porch with my arms across my chest, my lips pursed into a hard line and brows creased. I cleared my throat loudly and they all froze with a mixture of shock and comical expressions across their faces.

"Sorry babe!" Jacob walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. "Didn't mean to wake you. Are you ok?"

"I'm good." I muttered into his neck. The smell of him was intoxicating in that moment and I inhaled deeply while savoring the warmth and scent mixed perfectly together. I blinked my eyes and stepped away then looked back up to him. "Why are you out here in the middle of the night playing?"

"We just got through helping Emmett finish things up for tomorrow!" He informed me. He then turned to the guys who were just standing there awkwardly staring at us. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." He shooed them away.

"Sorry Renesmee!" Collin called over his shoulder before he and Bradey darted off into the cover of the woods.

The next morning at the main house we were greeted by Sam's pack and their girls. I was so excited to see Julie and Seth again that I practically stole them both and went out on to the back porch to talk to them. Jacob was having a huddle with the other guys in the back yard as they all talked animatedly about how things were going. I sort of day dreamed of how it would be if everyone lived in the same place; but understood that, with my un-aging family and myself, it was necessary that we moved around.