Chapter 14 - A Rainy Day

Chapter 14

A Rainy Day

School, Monday morning started off with rain. We had to car pool since only the jeeps could make it through the parts of our very long drive way that were not paved yet. Alice and Jasper had to borrow Emmets jeep. Funny enough, the wolf boys were complaining the entire ride to school. I had to laugh because they were whinning like babies.

"Seriously, Jake man, that is one bumpy ride." Bradey commented once we all exited the jeep in the school parking lot.

It was still sprinkling but I didn't mind. I enjoyed it very much. As I walked beside Jacob into school, I caught my self wishing I were out in the woods running through the rain. To feel it pelt against my soft but durable skin was like a massage to me. Oh, how I could go for one of those about now - I wished to myself.

By the end of first period, I noticed Madison's thought were on me. She was jealous of my hair, my clothes, my family, and once again, Jacob. I sighed and dared not to look at her. I could just feel her glare on me. Alice noticed Madison glaring at me and gave her a warning look of her own. I just did not understand her. She had very nice clothes on, all the cheerleaders around her envied her and a lot of boys lusted for her. So it must just be her home life that made her envy me.

'Thank you!' I mouthed across the isle to Alice.

She nodded and smiled, then began doodling in her notebook. Actually, she was drawing outfits. That was what she always did during class. Her thoughts were on her and Jaspers upcoming weekend to Isle Esme and Halloween. I could tell she had a plan in motion for something special. Her special and our special are totally different levels of special. After a few minutes of listening to Alice argue with herself on fabric colors and styles, I tuned her out.

During second period Chemistry, Jacob couldn't sit still. He wanted to do a lot of different things; one included the both of us alone and the other was just him alone in his wolf form free in the wilderness. I wanted to be outside free too but we were stuck here, pretending to be human and listening to this boring lesson. Why I ever wanted to experience a human life is beyond me.

During third period I heard Madison sigh to herself several times after each time she would steal a glance at Jacob. I kept my cool only because I knew the girl had problems but I also noticed there was something else there, buried deep in the back of her mind she tried desperatly not to think about.

By lunch time I was so hungry, I was glad I brought my stew with me. Jacob, Kelton and Bradey piled their trays full of the digusting cafeteria food and when they sat down I wasn't the only one giving them the 'ew' look.

"How can you eat that?" I complained to them all.

"It's no where near as good as Esme's but hey, we got to eat something." Bradey sassed.

I rolled my eyes and looked a way while they stuffed their mouths. On the other side of the cafeteria I noticed a crowd around Madison's table. As I continued to look I saw Chris, the same boy who was mauled and not expected to live only one week ago. He didn't seem to even have a scar left from his incident which only made me more baffled. He still should have had some signs of the attack - well, I thought so anyway. Just as I was about to look away, from basically inspecting him, he turned his head and stared straight at me. He looked like he smelled something disgusting and wrinkled up his nose in response. He got a strange baffled look on his face and tilted his head to the side as to figure it out. I instantly was ease dropping to hear what it was that caught his attention. I was shocked to say the least. He smelled something that made his stomach curl and was staring right at my table, my family and right at me.