"Stop. Both of you." I say.

"Let's go Holly. I told you not to associate with him." Louis says and I can tell he wants to hit Zayn by the way he is speaking.

"She can hang out with whoever she wants to. You're not even dating. I don't see a problem here" Zayn fires back.

In attempts to end this ridiculous feud I intervene.

"Louis, let's just go. I guess I'll talk to you later Zayn" I look at him pleadingly with my eyes and feel my pocket just to make sure my phone is there.

"I'm sorry" I mouth to Zayn before Louis pulls me out of there. His grip on my arm is tight as he pulls me down the hallway.

"Louis, that hurts" I say but no word leaves his mouth as he continues dragging me. Once we step out of the building he faces me. He looks mad and I expect him to yell at me but am taken completely by surprise when he hugs me.

This wasn't just any regular hug, he hugged me as if I were to vanish at any given moment and held me tight against him.

I was shocked so I kind of stayed in place with my arms by my sides.

"Please hug me back. So I know that you're here" he pleads. The sound of his voice breaks my heart so I gently wrap my arms around him.

We stand there for a couple of minutes just enjoying each others company and warmth. His gentle and affectionate touch gives me a certain warm feeling that is kinda indescribable.

He pulls away from me and looks in the eyes.

"I really really...." He trails off and looks down.

"I what?" I say desperate for him to finish.

"Nothing...never mind" he tells me. We walk to his car in silence and he doesn't say a word to me until we are both sat.

I honestly don't know how to feel about today's events and it's merely 3:00.

"I need to talk to you" he speaks up.

"Okay..." I say for him to continue.

"I'm sorry....for barging in there but...you don't know Zayn. He's not the person you think he is. He's much darker than that. I know I'm not perfect but the difference between me and him is that I would never want to hurt you"

His words manage to give me that good warm feeling in my stomach.

But then again. Why does he care? He's only with me for sex. Even though sometimes I wish the circumstances could be different there not.

"Louis...I'm sorry to...let's just forget about this." I want to say so much more but I just don't know how.

"Fine. I'll just take you home then" he says as he starts the car.

I pull out my phone and call my brother.

"Holly!" He says into the phone as soon as he dials.

"I'm sorry. I know you and mom are probably angry but-" he cuts me off.

"Angry? We're furious! Mom took an extra shift at the hospital to distract herself from all of this and I had to let her leave because I have some stuff to take care of with my college! What the hell has gotten into you?" He yells over the phone and I can't help but feel guilty.

"I'm coming home now. What time will you be home?" I ask hoping it won't be until late.

"Mom won't be home until midnight and I'm staying at a friends house. Please don't leave the house." He begs. I can hear voices in the background before he starts talking again.

"I'm busy right now. I'll talk to you later and I swear you better be home" he warns before hanging up.

"He sounded really angry"

"He is" I add.

"Can i please stay at your place for a little bit" he asks.

"Yes" I say to him.

We drive a little but more in silence until we reach my house. He parks in my driveway and gets out of the car. I walk to my front door to find it unlocked. I guess they were hoping I would come back home.

I take my shoes off and sit in the couch and scroll through my phone reading and deleting all the messages Todd sent me.

"Holly...I need to ask you something. And you have to answer me honestly" he says grabbing my attention as he takes a seat next me. I put my phone down and focus my attention to him.

"When you were with Zayn. Did he touch you?"

"No . He was a gentleman" I say.

"Did...did you want him to?" He looks at me waiting for me to answer.

"No." I say again. I didn't want Zayn. I only wanted him.

He lets out a breath before speaking again.

"Promise me you won't see him again"

I don't want to say anything because Zayn is my only friend and it would be rude to just ignore him because Louis who isn't even my boyfriend, wants me to.

"Louis he's my friend. Please don't make me do promise you"

He is silent and looks like he is debating with himself.

"Fine.....just...come here" He motions me to come closer and I do just that. He pulls me on top of him to the position where I am straddling him.

"You make me to fucking crazy. But at the same time...it's nice to have some one to look out for" he says as he kisses me forehead.

"But....we're not dating Louis. All you want me is for pleasure" I say to him finally showing him how I truly feel.

He looks taken back and loss for words. I want to crawl off of him but his grip is firm.

"Holly. You're so much more than that. I just....I don't like relationships because they eventually end and leave the other person heartbroken." He confesses.

"We can at least try..." I trail off.

I have always wanted to be in a relationship. I've just always been scared to take the first step.

"I always fuck things up Holly. There's no point in trying for me."

I look down as my hopes shatter. I thought that for me he would at least consider it.

Why should I be surprised? I'm still the same Holly who gets bullied at school with no friends that has to have lunch in the library. Nothing in life has ever really worked out for me. I just let the first guy who paid attention take advantage of me.

I pulled away from Louis and stood quickly.

"Maybe it's best if you left" I said avoiding eye contact.

"Holly don't-"

"Please just leave Louis" I say slightly raising my voice.

He doesn't protest or say anything else to try to convince me otherwise. He simply grabs his keys and walks out of the front door.

Nothing has changed, I was just stupid enough to believe that they have.

_________________________________________________

Okay so can I just say that wow a lot of Niall girls read my story. I feel Like 90 % of directioners favor Niall which is totally understandable I mean, let's be honest here if Niall was salsa, he would be hot salsa.

What did you think of this chapter. Feel free to be honest :)

Did anyone follow me on Instagram? If so feel free to like all of my ugly selfies lmao @EmilyOfficial_Luvs_U

Question(s) of the day: did you like Harry's curls or do you prefer his quiff? Who's your favorite Styles brother, Harry, Edward, or Marcel? (I got a soft spot for nerds) Also, how old are my readers? I honestly don't judge so don't be embarrassed.

~naked hugs and kisses xoxo