Chapter 9

The man, the myth, the legend..................Bo ^^

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I woke up in the morning with a mission. I am going to tell Lance today. Everything. Yesterday was a total disaster because I just didn't have time, but a tiny voice in my head is telling me I'm just stalling because I'm scared.

I am scared.

I'm scared of Lance's reaction. I'm scared of rejection.

But I need to stop running away. The only way I may be able to see my parents again is if I have Lance on my side.

As soon as I walk towards downstairs, I hear voices.

I sneak over above, and my entire body freezes in complete and utter terror as I realize who is in the living room right now.

My former Beta, Tim and Alpha Steven's Beta, John, are standing in front of Lance who is sitting down with Bo and Cole flanking beside him.

I've always hated them. 

"The rumors are true then. Marik has joined Noctis Luna?" John's ugly voice is heard.

I hear a growl. "Be lucky Johnny Boy that you're safe in these lands by pack law," Bo sing-songs.

"Noctis Luna is the only pack I'll ever say I'm from," Cole says lowly.

"We're here on different matters," my former Beta, Tim, decides to speak up now. He takes a step forward and pulls out something, a photograph. "This is Ava Langston." My heart squeezes. That photograph is of me. Lance's face betrays nothing, but Bo gives a side way glance to his Alpha. "We must know if you have seen her or not. Protocol would be to return her to her pack since she has committed treason."

"And if I do not?" Lance asks slowly. My eyes widen. What is Lance doing?

Tim stiffens. "Then our Alphas would have to talk to you."

"We just hope you would contact our Alphas if you see her," John adds. He looks like he's about to bolt. "We don't want any trouble. I'm sure you would like to get justice for a pack member that committed treason to the highest order."

Seriously? Treason to the highest order? What was that? And this talk about respect made me want to puke my guts out. There was no respect on Steven's part when he killed Alpha Paxon's mate Vanessa.

"Our Alphas will come if they think you've seen her," Tim says.

"I'll be right here if they need me," Lance states, not looking in the least bit bothered. "You can see yourselves out of here." Lance gets up, and I'm starting to creep away. I need to get out of here. I was going to stay and tell Lance everything, but it was too late. Their safety was in jeopardy because of me. The Alphas would come here. Beta Tim and John even said as much.

I run to my room, and see any necessary items that I need to bring with me. Money being the most important thing. I needed to get out of here. Now. The how part would come later. I know I said that I wasn't going to run away, but this is too much. Too soon.

 "You're running away again, aren't you?" a deep voice asks. Lance is at the doorway, leaning on the frame with his arms crossed, his blue eyes trained on me. Then he adds, "Ava." My name rolls off his tongue perfectly, and it made me wish he knew it sooner. But what is done is done. I can't change it.

I come to a complete halt. I take a step forward then backward, stuffing my hands in my jean shorts pockets. "It isn't you," I say, looking at his burning blue eyes that never left mine. "Staying here will only cause you trouble."