Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

Nick

When I was released from the hospital I went with Orion instead of my parents. I wasn't angry with them; I just heard them loud and clear. College or get out. And really, what kind of threat was that anyway, I was more than capable of living on my own. I stayed at home because I didn't want to leave them not because I had no other option. I had the option to live with Dom and Rye or...at Wilson's. I desperately wanted to take up his offer but things weren't seamless between us. If anything, things were almost awkward.

After our kiss, the one that still made my lips tingle just by thinking about it, Wilson had been...weird. I was being patient but I wondered how long it would be before he didn't know what to do or say around me anymore. It put a damper on the whole thing. This was everything I wanted and...we've known each other for over two years, best friends, and we love each other so it shouldn't be as difficult as we were making it.

"You're not listening to me." I looked at Dom, sheepishly. He had been explaining to me on my laptop. He was explaining stocks and investments and stuff. "It's fine. Wanna talk about it?" He offered.

"It's nothing...Wilson, same old. It's nothing."

"Since it's nothing I'll tell you this. It's a transition. It's gonna take some time to get used to and...well, some transitioning. You have to be patient, man. That's one thing I learned from chasing after Rye. If you really want to be with him you have to wait for him to come to you fully, even though you're more than ready."

"Yeah...what if—if he changed his mind. How—I couldn't go back. I wouldn't."

"Don't freak out, alright? Alright. It took me months to convince Rye to go on a date with me. After that we got closer, we kissed, we hugged, we took naps together, we held hand and even then I had to wait for him until he was ready to take that next step to be my boyfriend. He'll come around."

"But Wilson already said yes," I said, exasperated. "I asked him to let me love him and he said yes."

"Then love him," Dom said simply, and then he added with a wink, "slowly." I understood Dom just fine. He was cheeky, though, and I felt my cheeks get warm "When's the meeting with my realtor?"

"One. Why?"

"When does Wilson get out of class?"

"Eleven," I answered again. "Why?"

Dominic looked at his watch before answering, "It's 10:30. He's probably done with his exam. Call and ask him out for lunch." I felt my eyes go wide. "Do it. Take initiative. Kill him with passion. Seduce him if you must. Just do what you have to do to help him bring out what he feels."

Nick laughed. "With your mentality, I don't even want to think about what you did to Orion."

"Whatever it was, I assure you he liked it. Come on, call him and put it on speaker."

I did as Dom said. He was persuasive and resilient so it was for my own good that I listened even though my heart pounded in my chest at the very thought. And I was glad for the advice. It was good advice, lusty, but good anyways. "Hey," Wilson answered his phone. And if my heart was pounding before it, it was damn near pummeling through my chest at the sound of his voice.

"Hi," I answered back. Yeah, I know I went a little goofy, biting my lips and such. Wilson did that to me. It's a wonder how I kept myself under control all this time. Fuck, I'm glad we never had a drunken moment or a moment of sheer sober stupidity and did anything stupid because I would've fucked it all up. Clearing my throat, I asked: "What are you doing?"