Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

I stared at the crutches with disdain. I didn't mind the fractured leg much until my Physical Therapist showed me the crutches and said I had to use them. To add salt my wounds, literally, I couldn't use them properly because of my ribs. "It won't be that bad they said. Boot comes off in three weeks they said," I grumbled to myself. I worked with her on how to use my crutches until I got fed up of the pain and told her no.

The Physical Therapist was gone. Orion and Dom visited me already, and so did my parents, which meant I was left to my thoughts. What sad thoughts they were. I had hoped he would have at least sent me a text saying something, anything, even a "fuck you". That was being desperate. Wilson would never say: "fuck you" to me and mean it.

There were three reasons I knew for sure I wouldn't have heard from him even though I had hoped. One, he was pissed. Two, he was trying to make sense of the letter. Three, he was really pissed.

I missed him like nobody had ever missed another person. I was the one that told him to stay away so I had no right to even be moaning about the whole thing. I've picked up the phone so many times to call but I didn't. At least I had more restraint that Orion. The way he had bombarded Dom's phone when they "needed space" because we didn't break up!

Just as I picked up the control to turn the TV on my phone started ringing. It was Orion.

"What's up?"

"Just checking in," Orion said. I figured from the noises in the background that he was in the restaurant.

"Ask me what you really want to ask me," I said grumpily.

"I just called to check in. You sound like you have something you want to tell me."

"I should call him," I said tentatively.

"If that's what you want to do." Thanks for the help.

"It's what I want to do but it's not what I think I should do. I don't want him to be mad at me."

"With all the love in my heart, you made a decision. You asked him for time to accept thing. Accept things. Can't have your cake and eat it too."

I groaned again. "Why does the truth have to hurt so fucking bad?"

"Because it's never what you want to hear. Write a song about it. That always helped you."

"Yeah."

"Alright. G'night. Love you."

"Love you, too."

I waited impatiently for the nurse to bring me my pills. I had complained about the pain sometime earlier. I hoped I got something strong enough to knock me the fuck out. Seriously. I was sick and tired of listening to my mind going on and on about the same thing over and over again. When the nurse came that was my first question.

"Sorry about the pain," he said.

"Yeah." Too bad they didn't have medication for the real pain I was in.

The pill worked. Thank heavens. I didn't wake up until I heard meal service with breakfast. I had ordered bagel, cream cheese, orange juice and fruits from the yesterday evening. I wasn't much a fan of dry food but I wasn't going to starve because of terrible hospital food. No way, Jose.