Chapter 17

When Nico woke up Will wasn't there.

He felt quite sad about this.

He kept thinking that Will was just at the bathroom and was going to come back.

But that never happened.

So he laid there.

Just wasting away in the ICU.

So this is what Kaneki Ken felt like.

It wasn't fun.

Nico couldn't recall what had put him in the ICU.

But he knew it was a bad thing

When he first looked down, he almost screamed. His ribs were bandaged and stitched. The pain was unbelievable. It felt like a truck had run him over and then sprinkled lemon juice on him. He was laying in bed, around noon. When a nursemaid decided to check on him.

"Hello", she said "My name is Apolla. I'll be nurse your stay." She put a tray of food on a little table next to him."Is there anything you need" She gave a kind smile.

Nico looked at her. She had golden blonde hair the had curled at her shoulders. Her skin had a perfect tan and her eyes were a glossy sky blue. She was pretty tall and was wearing standard nurse scrubs in a bright yellow. If Nico focused hard enough he could see little microscopic freckles. For some weird reason, she almost reminded him of WIll.

"Um" Nico started "How did I get here?"

The woman's face immediately cringed, as if smelling rotten eggs.

"I'm honestly not so sure. I was told that you had your ribs broken by some crazy women on floor 1. You should be out in a few days though."

Nico face immediately blanched.

Crazy woman. Ribs broken.

Memories started to flow back faster than Nico could receive them. He felt dizzy and nauseous . The nurse looked at him a little worried.

"Sir?" she squeaked.

Nico started to feel like he was going to pass out.

"Sir?" She said a little frantically this time? "Sir! Are you alright"

Nico could no longer feel his head as it lolled back and forth.

"Nico?!" she said "NICO!"

Nico could only reply a small grunt.

"Nico come on stay with me!"

The woman had her hands on Nico's back, trying to prop him up but Nico couldn't feel it. That should have shocked him but for some reason it didn't.

Nico could feel another person trying to to prop him up. Than another and another. His vision was clouded , so all he could make out was vague blobs. Scarring Nico even more.

He saw red light.

Then he passed out.