Chapter Seventeen

The wood crunches as the fire continues to burn in the fireplace. The embers sizzling as it continues to give the room an ambient glow. The wooden fireplace's intricate design blend in beautifully with the wooden walls that are lined with built in bookcases.

Each shelf filled with books, in groups depending on their contents, the spines all showing giving a delicate, and ordered look to the sophisticated room. Some candles hung in between the shelves, also lit to add to the glow to the room. Curtains blocking the light from outside perfectly. Allowing nothing to seep in.

Metres from the fireplace is a deep brown rug, matching the wooden floorboards, and also stopping the sound of the sofa scrapping against the floor. The sofa a beautiful gold leaf medium chaise in cream faux leather which was a traded item from the southern farms of Clarines, or so Izana told me. A matching sofa on its left.

This room... an off limits room to everyone, Cerina called it Izana's private library. No lords, ladies, guards, maids, butlers, ides... Even Zen... Although, having known him for a while, I don't think it's in his interest.

Colletto laying in complete silence in front of the burning fire. Phoenix snuggled into her side.

I stay planted comfortably on the right sofa, my legs curled up on their side while my back is pressed gently against Izana's chest. My head against his shoulder blade as my eyes continue to read over the lines of the book within my hold. My fingertips skimming through the bottom of the pages as I turn it.

Izana's arms adjusting around my waist as my toes curl. Fixing the tips of my plain gown. Izana holding a book also, yet held in an angle allowing him perfect for viewing the words decorating the page. My mother would never approve of our position, she would say it's something a commoner would do.

However, it's the most comfortable I've been in years. Wrapped within his tight embrace – a cocoon of feelings. Love, compassion and safeness. A spiral of things I've never felt completely on internally since I found out about the declined request for married.

Tilting my head to the side, I see a soft smile gracing Izana's lips. Shifting my hair over my shoulder as it wraps freely around my arm, keeping it from spiralling out everywhere. Holding the book in one hand, I raise my other, cupping his cheek and running my thumb soothingly over his skin.

Leaning up, I press a kiss on his chin after seeing his eyes shift to me. Snapping his book shut, yet holding his page with one of his fingers. His attire nothing heavy, something he would wear within his chambers. His attire the equivalent to my own, light and simple.

Kicking his leg up onto the sofa, he extends it out straight along the cushions; the change of position making me slide even closer to him, if that's even possible. Yet, childishly... I'm not complaining. "Are you comfortable, Kireina?" A tinge of worry escalating in his tone as he shifts again.

"Do not fret... Izana. I am comfortable, warm and relaxed." I reply softly, passing him a smile. "Just sitting here, reading over some fantasy novel in your embrace will never give me negative emotions." I concur, Izana placing a faint kiss on my temple before opening his book once more.

Colletto releases a strange noise, causing a chuckle to leave both Izana's and my own lips. I don't think I've ever heard such a noise.

"Just to think... Kireina. We'll be wedded soon. It will be an extraordinary event, one that will make you shine brighter than before." Izana mutters, my eyebrow raising as I lift my eyes from the book yet again.

I wasn't expecting this topic of conversation, a definite shock.

"Izana, it does not have to be extraordinary. As long as we are wed by the end, that's all that matters. Even a small marriage between us and the family would do, but then again... Being royal... a wedding has to take place. Doesn't it?" I murmur back.