Chapter Three - Flowers of unknown Meaning

Kireina's PoV:

Tilting my head down, I glance towards Colletto who barks up at me, sitting happily and keeping her eyes trained on me. One of her ears flopped over as she gives me an adorable gleam in her eyes. Sighing, I crouch down after placing the brush on the vanity. Running my non-gloved hand in between her ears.

A saddened whimper leaving her lips, raising her left paw and holding it up in the air.

"I'm afraid Colletto you cannot follow me now, when I leave this room, you have to stay here until the guards all know you're with me." My eyes then travel to Phoenix who's perched high on the edge of the canopy of my bed. Her eyes watching us both closely.

"You'll be allowed to explore as soon as I've gotten it all sorted. Don't worry, little Colletto. Same goes to Phoenix." I smile softly, standing up and glancing at myself in the mirror. Gently pulling up my hair into an intricate style, half of it up into a delicate bun while the rest tumbles down my back in soft curls. My bangs pulled back off my face and strapped into the bun.

My body covered in a similar dress design to that I wore on the beginning of my journey. With navy blue material that's strapless besides the very thin straps that fall off-shoulder. Carefully embedded silver and white designs on the bodice, along with a large piece of black ribbon around my waist to attach the bodice to the flowing skirt of the gown.

The flowing skirt being the same navy as the bodice but tumbles loosely down and fades into lighter shades of blue. Beads of silver and a large slit up the front to my kneecaps, allowing the matching navy heels to show each step I will take.

My left hand coaxed in a black glove while the right is adorned by a rings that at attached to a chain that wraps around my wrist into a neat bracelet. An important piece of jewellery that all my siblings and I must wear when meeting other royalty. They'll gain theirs when they come of age.

A chain necklace around her neck with ribbon falling loosely off the blue sapphire that dangles off-centre. A present from the town of Cormial during my visit there little over two years ago. Along with the materials for the gown.

Taking a deep breath and a-tuning my emotions out of my face, I twist the door handle, pulling it open and walking out carefully closing it behind me. Leaving the window open for both my animals to have fresh air.

The clicking of my heels against the floor echoes down the corridor. The silence nothing new to me. My eyes trailing outside as I walk, this section of the palace giving amazing views of the gardens that bloom. Seeing Izana's ide, he bows, motioning for me to follow him.

Keeping my shoulders straight up, I glide against the floor. Something my lessons taught me, never to look like you're walking, but you glide, it shows your status. But does status really matter? Internally sighing, I keep my eyes forward, but see maids and guards looking at me with a whirlwind of expressions.

Knocking catches my attention as we now stand in front of a large white painted door. "His highness Izana, Valvious's first princess Kireina Vontune is here." The ide calls out before opening the door and holding it open for me. Clasping my hands in front of me, I shiver off my nerves. Standing tall, I glide past him, soon leaving behind the door he closed.

Glancing around the room, I see it to be a normal study, with a large view of the castle's front gates and overlooking the town that I clearly didn't get lost in earlier. Izana standing tall in front of his desk, this attire that of a royal should wear, expensive designs and materials. A sleeved cape adorning his shoulder that ends around his kneecaps.

His arms not through the sleeves, but down his sides, one of the hilts of his sheathed blade. The colours matching the crest and architecture of this land. Blues, whites and purples. His body standing tall, probably half a head taller, these heels work well. My eyes travel to his face.