The epilogue

Angel opened her eyes to the sun streaming through the open slit of the curtains and her phone alarm going off next to her ear. She groaned and turned to her left. Brooklyn stirred next to her and she slapped him on the back. "Get up Brook." He slowly moved up from laying on his back and got out of bed. Angel rolled out as well. The two of them never liked waking up early.

Angel exited the room and went to the first one down the hall and knocked on the door. "Maxwell," she said as she slowly entered the dark room. A boy of about fourteen years old stirred in his bed.

"Nooooo," he groaned and shifted to his side. "It's your first day of high school, come on!" Angel said and slapped his bum.

"Mom!" He protested and she rolled her eyes, leaving the room.

Brooklyn walked past her, making his way to the room on the far end. She went to the bedroom next to her and swung it open. "Dahlia!" She yelled. "You need to get up honey -" she stopped when she realized the lights were on already and a ten year old blonde haired girl was doing her hair at her desk.

"I'm already on it, mom," she said and Angel smiled over at her.

"I don't know where you get this punctual nonsense from, because it's certainly not from me or your dad."

The girl turned around, her hands still working on her hair. "Someone's got to be in this house," she said and Angel laughed.

Angel closed the door and went into the kitchen where Brooklyn was making hot chocolate, a baby boy rested on his hips. Angel came towards him and kissed the child and then Brooklyn. "Morning Nate," she cooed.

A while later Maxwell and Dahlia exited the house, starting their walk to their schools down the road. They started an argument over some or other political topic, walking past the shops in the middle of town. There was a Seven Eleven that just opened and a man set the newspaper stand outside. It was stacked with Die Burger and the front page had a picture of a chestnut haired woman in jail clothes.

BREAKING NEWS

Rory Robespierre, arrested in 2016 for the murder of Matt Fitzgerald in the same year and Dahlia Fleming in 2014 and the continuous harassment of Angel and Brooklyn Sanders, Cathy Witbooi and Brandy Santiago, has escaped.

Maxwell and Dahlia strode past the park and Dahlia's school came into view. Maxwell greeted her in front of her gate and walked on towards his school a few blocks away.

There was a car in the parking lot on the other side of the street of Dahlia's school and inside the car, someone was watching. Someone was watching Dahlia wave at her older brother, and Maxwell walking on down the street.

Someone stared through a car window. A someone with chestnut hair.