The arrival

Angel's eyes fluttered open and she felt herself snuggle up to Brooklyn, her face still sticky with tears. She lifted a hand to wipe her eyes, resulting into Brooklyn stirring and then slowly opening his eyes, looking down at her.

"Morning," he said and gave a lopsided smile.

She smiled back and sat upright. "Morning," she said back and yawned. She knew she probably looked so dazed at that moment.

She saw him eyeing her through her peripheral vision and suddenly felt self conscious. "I'm sorry about last night," she said, ashamed.

He shook his head. "Don't apologize," he said softly. He got up and out of bed, throwing his covers to the side. "We have a big day ahead of us," he said, clapping his hands together. "So get dressed."

Angel smiled to herself and saluted him. "Yes sir."

She got up and ran to the bathroom to wash her face. She grabbed a casual dark blue dress and a silver pair of strappy sandals. She applied some light make-up and a pair of oversized sunglasses. She grabbed her blue and white striped polo bag and skipped into the small living room.

"I would love to see The Colosseum," she chirped, her mood brightened. She stopped when she saw some breakfast including an omelet and some fruits sitting on a tray on the table. Brooklyn was on the phone.

"Yes, I'll have it for you on Monday," he said, impatiently. "Goodbye dad." He pressed end and sighed. "Can't escape work now can I?" He said. "Eat some breakfast before we go."

Angel nodded and sat down on the couch, digging in immediately. "I hate to tell you this," she said, a smirk on her face. "But I want to go shopping later," she whispered mischievously.

He lifted his brow. "Damn," he said jokingly. "I should've seen that coming."

She chuckled and set down her knife and fork, taking her last sip of hot chocolate. "Okay, let's go now!" She said and grabbed her bag as she got up.

Brooklyn grabbed the keys on the small round oak table. "Well, if you insist." He smirked and the two left the hotel room and went down the elevator and out into the city of Rome.

💧💧💧💧💧

"Chao!" Aunty Maria screeched as she approached Angel and Brooklyn as they climbed out of the taxi and waved at Brooklyn's family running down to greet them. Angel was still exhausted after she and Brooklyn had a sightseeing day in Rome the previous day. The two of them went to go see the Colosseum where they kept on making scenarios for if they were one of the gladiators. They roamed the Vatican Museum and Angel stared, amazed at all the different artifacts and listened with eager ears as Brooklyn told her the history of the many objects and paintings. She even saw a real live mummy, all grey and wrinkly with white eyes bulging. They also did some shopping where Brooklyn moaned, yet he still gave his opinion on every outfit Angel tried on. It was absolutely amazing. After a long day, the two had some ice cream, Angel's Lime and Brooklyn's strawberry, and the two sat by The Fountain of Love and threw coins in, making wishes and laughing as they saw a little boy and girl fishing all the coins out of the big pond. Directly after that, the two roamed the busy city in the dark before going back to bed in the hotel. Angel slept better than the previous night. In the morning, the two made their way to Milan and just arrived at Brooklyn's family house.

"Mom!" Brooklyn laughed and gave her a hug. The two of them exchanged a bunch of Italian words before Aunty Maria looked over at Angel with a broad smile plastered on her tanned face, her dark eyes gleaming in the sunlight. "My Angelo!" She exclaimed. It has been way too long!" She gushed and pulled her into a hug. Angel smiled into the woman's shoulder. "Look at you, Bella!" She said and Angel blushed at everyone agreeing around her.