The night

"Surprise!"

Angel stammered back, her hand in front of her mouth and staring at the sea of teens standing in her living room, all smiling up at her with arms opened wide. She turned to her best friend, Dahlia, next to her and let out a little excited squeal. "You did this?" She asked.

Dahlia smiled smugly and placed her hands on her hips. "Well, who else!"

Angel threw her arms around Dahlia and the two hugged each other tight, giggling like the seventeen year olds they were. They pulled away to see Brooklyn, their best guy friend marching over to them.

"I helped!" He claimed and threw his arms around Angel. She breathed in the scent of him and smiled to herself. She had a massive crush on Brooklyn since he moved into town two years ago. His parents worked with Dahlia's and since the night the three of them met at a braai, they instantly clicked. Even though he's three years older.

They broke away and Angel beamed up at everyone around her. They came in groups and some one by one, wishing her a happy seventeenth birthday. Angel looked around at the bunch of teens milling about in between all the streamers and balloons and the load thumping music.

"Hello my little Angel!" Her mom said, hugging her from the side and looking around the room. "You did a fantastic job, Dahlia." She thumped Dahlia on the back.

"Anything for this monkey," Dahlia said, winking at Angel.

"Well," Angel's mom said, "I'll leave you two to it. Your dad and I are going out tonight and I trust you all will be responsible."

Angel and Dahlia shared a look, struggling not to crack a smile. "Absolutely mom," Angel said, putting on a serious face as best as she could.

"No need to worry about us," Dahlia added, hooking her arm in with Angel's.

Her mom pulled a face, pursing her lips, but eventually cracked a smile. "Goodbye girls," she said and with one last hug, made her way to the front door.

"Time to party!" Dahlia said and the two of them whooped loudly, everyone else following their lead.

Two hours later, Angel climbed off the living room table she was dancing on with Dahlia and some friends. She laughed hysterically as she heaved for breath. She bent over and look up to see Brooklyn laughing as well.

"I videoed it," he said, still grinning broadly. "And I'll be showing it on your twenty first birthday." He wiggled his phone in front of her and she launched for it.

"Oh really?" She said when he backed away before she could grab it.

He nodded his head and smirked.

"Hi."

Angel and Brooklyn both turned to where they heard the voice. Angel was faced with a tall, white-blonde haired, attractive guy. He had bright blue eyes and a defined jaw. Something that came off of We ❤️ It.

She stood there starring and Brooklyn cleared his throat, thumping her on the back. "Angel, this is Brad, my cousin from Proteaville."

She snapped out of her trance and moved forward. "Oh, nice to meet you!" She said and they hugged in greeting.

The hug was longer than a usual hug would be and Brooklyn scratched his neck awkwardly as Brad moved his hands lower.

"Okay!" Brooklyn said, clapping his hands and Angel and Brad pulled away, smiling at each other.

"Happy seventeenth," Brad said and Angel beamed at him, in a total trance. The crush Angel had on Brooklyn seemed to be forgotten.

Angel smiled at him and leaned onto one hip. "Thanks," she said.

Brooklyn stared at the two, still scratching his neck and looking around awkwardly.

"Can I get you a drink?" He asked and Angel nodded her head eagerly. Brad guided her towards the kitchen, his hand on her back.

Brooklyn starred after them and shook his head, turning around and headed for the dance floor.

After nearly an hour and a half of Angel and Brad laughing, talking, drinking and heavily flirting, Brad leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Want to go to your room?"

Angel bit her lip and Brad stared at her hopefully. She wasn't stupid, she knew what he meant, but that's what she wanted at that moment.

She threw her long dark blonde hair behind her back and smirked at him, her hazel eyes glinting. "Sure," she whispered back.

She took his hand and they made their way through the see of dancing teens in the living room and in a matter of seconds, they were in her room.

After what felt like quite a short while, but must have been much longer, the two of them emerged through the room, and Angel was completely flushed. "I'll see you later," Brad said and winked at her. She grinned back and he marched down the stairs, disappearing.

Angel didn't know how to feel right now. It was her first time, although she told herself to wait till after school. It was done though, and she needed to tell Dahlia immediately. She ran down the stairs, her hair flying behind her like a cape and she screamed her name, a big smile on her face. She reached the end of the stairs to be faced with one of her friends, Dani.

"There you are!" She said, a terrified look on her face and tears streaking  her cheeks.

Angel frowned concerned at Dani and stopped dead in her tracks. "Why?" She asked, looking around, "what happened?" She caught her breath in her throat when she saw Jacarandawood Police standing at the door and everyone whispering. Brooklyn was talking to the police, the same horrified look on his face. He bowed down his head and looked to the side, spotting Angel. He made his way towards her and Angel's heart thumped loudly as she saw some girls burst out in tears. "Where's Dahlia? What happened?" She asked.

Brooklyn shook his head and threw his arms around Angel, hugging her tighter than he ever did. Angel's heart was now beating to its full extent.

Brooklyn sighed heavily and with a choky, cold breath on Angel's hot neck, he whispered the words that changed Angel's life. "She's gone."

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Hey readers! So, my phone was stolen about two weeks ago, along with lots of other stuff, because we were robbed at my best friend's house in Bettie's Bay. Well, that's South Africa for you!

Now I have my brand new IPhone 6S since three days ago and it's absolutely amazing! Guess everything does happen for a reason😉
And I started with a new book! I hope you guys like this first chapter, it's kind of like a prologue.

If you read Revenge On The Players, you would've noticed the reference😝

Comment, vote and finally you can read on again!
Kisses
Cat😽