The flash back

Angel slapped a shaky hand on her head and swore. The rain was poring more and more by the minute and she jumped when lighting struck. She swore even loader. She had to get to Brooklyn's house as quickly as possible, but was scared of crashing her car. She decided to pull over before she could make an accident. She rested her head on the steering wheel and hit her hands on top of the car. She was shivering from head to toe.

Then another memory hit her.

Earlier the morning of Dahlia's death

"Wake up birthday girl!" Dahlia jumped on top of Angel, waking her up with a start.

Angel sat bolt up right and calmed down when she saw Dahlia. She took her pillow and threw it at her, laughing as Dahlia fell down to the ground with a big thump.

"Okay," Dahlia groaned, slowly getting up and rubbing her back. "Remind me never to do that again."

Angel laughed once again and Dahlia laughed along, hugging her tight, holding something behind het back. She pulled away and handed her a hot pink wrapped box with Angel written in silver on top of it. Angel squealed excitedly and grabbed the box, hugging Dahlia again.

"Go ahead, open it."

Angel started tearing at the packaging and gasped. "The dress I wanted!" She squealed and hugged Dahlia.

"I have the memory of an elephant," Dahlia chuckled and picked up the dress, holding it against Angel's body. The short, lacy maroon dress paired perfectly with Angel's slightly tanned skin. "And you have great taste," she added.

Angel laughed and got up to go put the dress on. Dahlia sat down on Angel's bed and crossed her legs. "You know I have a great day planned," she said while playing with the ripped pink wrappers on the bed.

Angel stood in front of her full length mirror and grinned, twirling around in the dress. "What are we doing?" Angel asked and headed for her shoe cupboard.

Dahlia positioned herself on her stomach and tucked a piece of her slick black hair behind her ear while Angel was rummaging for a pair of shoes. "I thought we could have something to eat, you know, some breakfast at The Mad Hatter and after that we can go watch a movie and then we can come back tonight since your mom is having dinner here for you and your family."

Angel grabbed a pair of black ballet flats and slipped them on. "Sounds great," she said and got up, walking towards her dresser and sitting down on the oak wood chair. "You know," she started applying foundation to her face, "this will be the first year that I'm not throwing a birthday party."

"Oh well," Dahlia said, looking down at the bed covers, a slight grin on her face, "nothing wrong with that." She looked over at Angel applying her winged eyeliner. "I think the cherry lipstick would go great with that dress."

Angel smiled. "Thanks, will do."

Dahlia laid back and stuck her legs in the air, looking up at the ceiling. She quickly sat up again. "So, word on the street is that Brooklyn likes a certain blonde." She winked.

Angel dropped her lipstick and twisted in her seat. "What?! Are you joking?!"

Dahlia shook her head and laid back on the bed again. "Nope."