Chapter 9

A/N it's night time of the same day as last chapter btw

~Zane's POV

The weather has stopped storming. The power is still out due to trees messing up power lines or something. The roads are still very wet.

"Zane!" Y/n exclaims hopping onto the couch next to me.

"Whaaat." I say, not matching her amount of energy.

"I have a cool idea! Okay, so I know it's wet outside, but I really wanna go look at the stars for a while. The forest that's not too far from here has a clearing not too far in and I know a good tree we can climb and look at the stars." She exclaims.

"Do you really wanna see the stars that bad?" I ask, kind of wanting to stay here.

"Yes, but we're gonna need to bring a blanket because the tree is probably wet... If you have an actual blanket we can use." Y/n tells me.

I look towards the closet under the stairs. "I mean, there's probably an old blanket somewhere in the closet-" I start, but Y/n interrupts me. "Perfect!" She hops off of the couch and pulls me up. "Oh, and I may have to sit on your lap because the tree branches may be strong, but they definitely aren't wide enough to fit the both of us." She adds.

"U-.. Okay.." I respond.

"Okay! Get the blanket and lets go!" She exclaims.

I go to the closet to get the blanket. It's an old tan one, I don't mind if it gets dirty or anything. Y/n grabs my hand dragging me out the door once I have the blanket. "Ah!" Y/n does a slight yell as she almost slips, but she grabs a tight hold on my arm to catch her from falling. She giggles at her self after regaining her balance, making me smile.

--

"Are you sure we're even going the right way Y/n." I say as she guides me through the woods.

"Trust me Zane, I used to do this kind of stuff all the time when I was little. If you were paying attention you'd see that the clearing is like 10 feet away from us." She says.

"Oh.." I repsond. She starts to climb up a tree onto a spot in the tree where it branches out. "Okay hand me the blanket because the tree is actually very wet." She tells me. She reaches her arm down and I put the blanket in her hands. She spreads out the blanket across a thick branch and up the side of the tree. "There's no room for you to get up here so you're going to have to help me down so you can get up here." Y/n says lending her hand down to me. I take her hand helping her down.

"Now you can climb up." She says, looking at a nearby patch of flowers. I don't have too much experience climbing trees, I'm usually inside all of the time; but I climb up the tree luckily not falling. She stops looking at the flowers once she's realized I'm in the tree. She climbs back up to where the tree branches out but on the opposite side as before. Y/n makes her way around the tree until she eventually sits on me.

"Sorry if this is awkward.." She says, getting a bit more comfortable on me. "Considering we've slept in my bed together I think this is fine." I state. She giggles, relaxing and laying her head on my shoulder. I can't help but wrap my arms around her waist, also ensuring that she won't fall off of me.

Y/n shivers. "Are you cold?" I ask. "Well uh yeah, are you?" She replies. "No... You're actually keeping me warm." I say. She thinks for a moment. It's actually quite nice out here. It's also pretty quiet. "I have an idea, if you give me your sweatshirt I'll be warm and since I'm keeping you warm we both won't be cold." Y/n suggests. "Uh..." I respond. "Pleaaassee." She begs. "Ugh fine." I say, giving in. "Yes!" She exclaims. She scoots farther away from me allowing me to have more room to take off my sweatshirt. I take it off, wishing I could leave it on. I give it to her once I have it off, she happily puts it on and relaxes back onto me.

(When it's 1am and your smoke alarm in your bedroom starts going off because it needs batteries. Fml)

"Zane." Y/n says.

"Y/n." I respond.

She's silent for a moment. I put my arms back around her waist.

"I forgot what I was gonna say never mind." She says.

I have almost forgotten that she was only going to stay with me for a while. I wonder when she is or if she actually is going to leave. I have to admit I kind of like her staying with me. It can get lonely living alone, but Y/n isn't like anyone I've met before. If it wasn't for her I'd probably be sitting inside doing nothing or asleep right now. I haven't been outside and seen the stars in a while either.

"Oo!" Y/n sits up. "I can see Canis Major and Canis Minor." She points to an area in the sky, although I still can't really tell what she's pointing at I just let her continue talking. "They're known as Orion's two hunting dogs."

She keeps on talking and talking meanwhile I'm looking at her the whole time. She goes on about how Canis Major is the brightest star. She scoots a bit away from me repositioning where she is pointing to. I'm curious to how she knows all of this information; but I don't ask and listen to her talk. I think back to when she was sitting in the windowsill talking about the cycle of raindrops. I enjoy having moments like this with Y/n.

"-interesting right?" I tune in on her asking, as she looks at me.

"Adorable."

Her face turns a reddish-pink color.

"Did you just call me adorable?" She asks.

I feel my face heat up. "D-did I say that out loud?"

"Uh.. Yeah." She answers.

"No I didn't.." I say.

"Sure." She says, smiling and relaxing back onto me.

A mutual silence grows between us. I can see Y/n still smiling out of the corner of my eye.

--

We've been sitting quietly in the tree for a while now... I think Y/n actually fell asleep. I look around us trying to see if there's a way I can get both of us down from the tree without waking Y/n. I should've known, there's not. I am definitely not sleeping in a tree. I nudge Y/n lightly trying to wake her. She wakes up.

"Did I fall asleep?" She asks.

"..Yeah.. Now can we please go back to my house?" I ask.

"Yeah.." She says. She carefully gets off of me and stands where the tree branches out. "It's probably really late, I am so tired." She tells me. I get down from the tree. She starts to climb down more until her foot slips. Lucky for her, I catch her fall.

"That was fun." She says, I'm guessing with sarcasm intended. I kinda just look at her for a moment, not really knowing what to say or do. "...Are you going to carry me or put me down?.." Y/n asks. "Uh..." I respond. "You're carrying me you have no choice I'm tired." Y/n says, making the decision for me. "Uh, okay.." I say, starting to walk down the path we came.

A little into the short walk back I look at Y/n and notice she has fallen asleep again. I smile and continue the short walk back to my house. I don't think Y/n realized that where we were was actually someone's property. When I make it inside my house I look at Y/n and smile. I look at the couch then the stairs. I decide to bring Y/n to bed with me than lay her on the couch.

I walk up the stairs and into my bedroom. I lie her on the bed and crawl in next to her. It kind of disappoints me that we're not as close as the night before.

One thing pops in my mind again before I drift off into sleep.

How long is she staying with me?

--

A/N Ah young love, leaving blankets in trees. XD I'm very proud of this book so far... Anyways it's like 3am and I should go to bed... Especially since I was up till 4am working on this yesterday... The chapter managed to get to about 1.5k words.

I am definitely making longer chapters now.

ok bai.