Chapter one: Mt. Weather

Lexa's PoV

"You get the door open and I'll go and kill the men on the cliff"
"you five with me" I said to some of my warrior's they followed me to kill the men who was shooting at us.

We sneaked up and when they saw us they started to attack us.
It all happened so fast, I was fight one mountain men, I slashed him with my knife it and I moved on to the next, I thought he was dead but he sneaked up behind me and nocked me over the head with a gun.

A few moment later I come to and that mountain man had me on my knees with a knife to my throat, I was sure this was the end.

When a man slowly walked towards us, I recognised him it was Carl Emerson, Mount Weather security came towards us this his hand raised as if he was surrendering.

"Let the commander go" he ordered to one of his men.
"I have a proposition for you"
"yeah what's that" I replied "we will let your people go, but we will keep the sky people, if you choose not to take this deal we will kill every one of your people inside of this mountain."

I took a few minutes to think this through, I know this choice will hurt Clarke but I cant risk the life's of my people for hers, Clarke would do the same wouldn't she?
I had to make this choice with my head and not with my heart!

"You have your self a Deal" I said
"Ok well your army needs to leave, if any of your army stays then the deal is off"
I nodded my head in agreement.

We walked back down the hill to Clarke, my army was about to strike,
"Stop!" I shouted to them.

Clarke came toward me, "what's this commander", Clarke said as my people was coming out the door.

"Are they surrendering?"
"Not quite" Carl said to Clarke, I saw it in her eyes when she realised what had happened.

"What did you do" Clarke says to me
"what you would have done, saved my people". "what about my people?"
"I'm sorry Clarke, but they wasn't part of the deal"
"Lexa please" Clarke said to me, I tried not look into her eyes as they was filled with sadness and hurt.

"The deal is done"
Before I no it was saying good bye to Clarke.
"May we meet again"
I took one look at the girl I loved before I turned around and walked away leaving her and her people go be slaughtered.

I really did mean it, I really did what to see her again, but I knew it wouldn't be as easy as that.

I just hoped that she would understand in time why I did what I did.

————————————————————

Later that night I was sat in my chambers in the Capitol, the walk back was a long one and I just couldn't wait to be alone.

As my brain progressed it all and the realisation kicked in about what I had done, I found my self crying.

I knew I had made the right choice but that didn't make it hurt any less, I hope some day that Clarke would forgive me for what I have done.

Authors note: sorry it's a short one, I'll right another chapter tomorrow, Let me know what you guys think by commenting.