Welcome Home Sasuke

6 months later......

The great war had happened and Kaguya was dead thanks to the skills of Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke then had proceeded to try and kill Naruto, only to end up with them both losing an arm but Naruto's regrowing thanks to Kurama inside of him. Sasuke had finally been saved by Naruto and all of us were eternally grateful to him for it. Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura were by the gate talking to him while I stayed with Yuki at home. Yuki had heard about Sasuke but seemed weary to meet him and so I didn't want to pressure her into it, I'd told Naruto to make Sasuke go to the Uchiha compound after they had finished talking. I'd go and see Sasuke myself while Kakashi and the others played with Yuki and looked after her. As much as I felt disappointed in Sasuke for allowing himself to be led along by power and Orochimaru, I still cared deeply for the boy and was glad that he was back with us.

After fifteen minutes of playing and laughing with Yuki, the door opened and three lots of footsteps entered the room. Looking up, I saw Naruto grinning with a smiling Kakashi and Sakura. Yuki stood up at the sight of her uncle Naruto and she ran over, clinging onto his leg. He was fully healed now already so there was no concern of Yuki causing him any discomfort when she would cling to him or jump on him. Walking over, I hugged Naruto and kissed Kakashi's cheek.
"He's headed to the compound, though he's confused as to why. I didn't tell him it was you who wanted to talk to him." Naruto grinned, mischief in his eyes and genuine happiness. All of us in the village were happy that Sasuke was back, but I knew that Naruto was the happiest out of us all, even though Sakura still loved Sasuke, because he had his friend and brother figure back and had successfully pulled him from the darkness that had trapped him for years.
"I'll be back in a bit." I smiled, ruffling his hair before walking out of the house.

Strolling along the edge of town towards the Uchiha compound, memories of how Sasuke used to be as a child passed through my mind. The time I'd first met him when he was a baby before Naruto was born. The time I threw Naruto's birthday and Sasuke was there with his mother and brother. Then the time that Sasuke began to withdraw from us all and become secluded. Lots of emotional experiences had occurred and it had certainly taken a while for him to come home, but the only feeling going through my being was relief. Sensing his chakra before I saw him, I knew that he was waiting inside the compound already. He was on time and willing to see who it was who wanted to speak to him, huh? Keeping my chakra hidden so he couldn't sense me, I walked into the compound and followed his chakra to where he stood in the middle of the street, facing the opposite direction and seeming impatient. Chuckling internally, a smirk slid across my lips as I saw how impatient he seemed. What would his reaction be when he saw me? Sneaking up close to him, he didn't notice me there until I was a meter away. Spinning round, his katana was against my neck before I even spoke as his guarded expression gave away that he thought he was on guard. When he noticed me, his eyes widened and he put the katana back into its case. His eyes narrowed in on my silver eye and he avoided eye contact, keeping his expression neutral though I saw regret pass through his eyes before they looked away.
"I should've know it'd be you." He spoke up, sighing slightly.
"Of course. Look at me Sasuke." I smirked, crossing my arms. I saw his fingers twitch before he met my eyes. "That's better. You've finally had some common sense knocked into you then, huh? You knew Naruto wasn't going to give up on you easily." I chuckled, seeing him roll his eyes at my comment.
"That part of him hasn't changed at all." He retorted, glancing down to the ground before snapping up again when I stepped forward so I stood right in front of him. He watched me carefully before his eyes widened in shock when he saw the tears in my eyes. "What?" He asked before being engulfed in a hug by me. My arms wrapped tight around him and I pulled him close to me so his head was against my shoulder.
"I'm so glad you're back....." I whispered, holding the tears back. Sasuke's body was stiff for a few moments before he let out a sigh and returned the hug, causing my eyes to widen slightly in surprise. Still a sucker for hugs from me, huh? Maybe Mikoto was right about the boys having weak spots for me?.....

We had been hugging for a while and Sasuke had made no move to pull back. The air was brushing over us gently and birds could be heard singing on the sunny day. Deciding to stop with the long hug, I pulled back with a smile and ruffled his raven hair causing him to glare at me before rolling his eyes.
"What are you going to do next then? Stay here?" I asked curiously, already having a feeling that he would say no. My feelings were confirmed when he shook his head.
"No, I'm going to leave the village for a while. Maybe I'll be back." He shrugged before meeting my narrowed eyes. Staring at him with determination, I crossed my arms and tapped my foot.
"You damn well are coming back here young man. Naruto didn't go to all this trouble just for you to never come back again." I stated stubbornly. His lips twitched and I knew he was fighting a smile which made me glad that he still had some of his humour left inside of him. "Either way, I wonder if you and Sakura will be getting together anytime soon." I smirked, sending him a wink. His expression dropped and he gave me a flat look, his eyes narrowing into a glare. Chuckling, I felt sympathetic towards Sakura but was too amused by his reaction to scold him for it. Even with him acting like this, I still had this feeling that something would happen in the future.... We'd have to see though..... "Whatever, anyway..... Make sure you stay in contact ok? And if you ever pull away from us again, I will be hunting you down you hear?" I said, poking him in the chest and flicking his forehead. He nodded in response though he seemed to be un-phased by my threat, but the nod satisfied me enough for now. "I'll leave you be for now, I'm sure you don't need me lecturing you. Go meet up with whoever you want to see, or if you want to come back then you can." He thought for a moment before shaking his head.
"I'm going to look around the compound for a bit before leaving today. The Hokage already knows." He informed me, taking a few steps back.
"I guess this is goodbye for now then..... Before you go..." Stepping forehead, I pressed a kiss against his forehead and held his face between my hands. "Just remember that you always have a place here and that we will always love and care for you, ok? Make sure you come back and keep in touch." I said softly, my tone loving and motherly. He seemed to be fighting something on the inside due to the many emotions passing through his eyes, but he settled on poking my forehead like his brother used to do to him.
"I'll come back, I promise." He smirked, the main expression he seemed to allow. Nodding in satisfaction, I let him walk past me and disappear round the side of one of the houses. Glancing up at the sky, I silently prayed that Mikoto got to see how her sons had turned out and that Sasuke was learning and was cared for by his friends here in Konoha. I could only hope that he kept to his promise and came back one day, and that he would be beside Naruto when he became Hokage as I knew he would. After all, Naruto took after his mother and father.....

(A/N: Right, next chapter will be the last so thank you guys for reading and I do hope you enjoyed this unplanned sequel :) Hope you're all doing well)