Nature Types and Shape Manipulation

A few days later I was finally allowed out of the hospital after many failed attempts of walking out. The first time I was dragged back to my room by Kakashi, the second by Shizune and then the third time Tsunade. Tsunade had made sure to knock me out so I stayed there on the third time which I was not impressed with. Naruto and the others were back and Kakashi was being made to train Naruto now that he was also fully healed, which was confirmed when he was checked by Tsunade the day I was released. Kakashi was to help Naruto create his own ultimate Ninjutsu which had been decided while they were both here at the hospital and I was signing papers to discharge myself. Once Yuki heard, she decided that she wanted to watch her papa and uncle Naruto train and so we both went along with them, promising not to intervene.

At the training field, Yuki and I stood a few meters away while Naruto and Kakashi talked, but we could hear their conversation from where we were. Birds were chirping as they flew through the sky and the cool breeze made things comfortable which was a plus, especially if Naruto was going to be worked to the bone.
"Right, let's get started." Kakashi mumbled then Naruto let out a little laugh. "What?"
"It's just, it's like, you haven't trained me in so long." Naruto smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. "I dunno why but this makes me happy."
"I see." Kakashi replied then they both began to laugh a little before Kakashi cut straight to the point. "Well if you want to laugh, now's your only chance..... Because we're really short on time." Naruto became serious and you could see the determination in his blue eyes from where Yuki and I stood. Letting out a sigh, I knew they meant there wasn't a lot of time until Sasuke would be taken over by Orochimaru. "Like I said at the hospital, the aim of our training is for you to create your own ultimate ninjutsu. One that even surpasses Rasengan. Chakra nature and shape manipulation are essential to this process."
"Chakra nature, and shape manipulation?" Naruto murmured, seeming unsure of what they were. Kakashi held up a hand and looked down, clearly not impressed with how Naruto didn't know.
"Ah, yes, you won't get it if I explain both at the same time." Kakashi sighed. "Sensei is sorry. We'll start with shape manipulation." He said, putting his hand back in his pocket again. Looking down at Yuki, I sent her a smile and a wink.
"Make sure you listen to papa sweetie, then you'll know and become a strong shinobi." Her eyes lit up upon hearing my words and she nodded enthusiastically, staring at her papa while listening intently.
"Yes, sir!" Naruto replied enthusiastically, reminding me of little Yuki.
"Do a Rasengan." Kakashi instructed.
"Coming right up." Naruto grinned, summoning a clone to help him. "Let's do this!"
"Yes!" Replied his clone, equally as excited. They created the rasengan and just as Naruto was going to excitedly slam it into the ground, Kakashi called to him to stop which seemed to confuse Naruto and his clone.
"You've already mastered chakra shape manipulation." Kakashi concluded once the clone has disappeared in a puff of smoke. "That's what your rasengan is. You rotate your raw chakra wildly at extreme speeds and compress the energy. That is shape manipulation itself, which you could say Rasengan takes to the ultimate level.
"So, I've passed shape manipulation then?" Naruto grinned, happy to hear the news.
"That's right." Kakashi smiled beneath his mask while I chuckled and Yuki watched on, eager to learn more. "Ok, the next step is chakra nature manipulation." Walking over, I decided to intervene and explain it myself.
"Let's see, take Chidori for example." I said, gesturing for Kakashi to do the signs. "This technique uses both shape and nature manipulation. Have a look for yourself." With that Kakashi made chakra appear in his hand. "First, he needs to focus the chakra into his hand, and then change it into an electric current." Sparks began to show in Kakashi's concentrated hand which caused Naruto's eyes to widen and I heard Yuki gasp from behind me after she jumped onto my back.
"That's nature manipulation?" Naruto gaped.
"Yes, it is indeed." I chuckled.
"Next, I change it's shape into that of a power surge, which determines the power and range." Kakashi continued. The electricity grew more wild and created a blue circle around Kakashi which was where he was keeping it controlled. "To create a technique more advanced than your usual Rasengan, you need to use both shape and nature manipulation at the same time, like I do with Chidori."
"So if I use that nature-thingy on Rasengan, I'll have a new technique in no time." Naruto exclaimed, his voice full of excitement.
"Don't take it lightly, sweetie." I chuckled, seeing Kakashi sweatdrop and make his chidori disappear.
"You have no idea for to use nature manipulation, for starters." Kakashi sighed. "Actually you don't even know what element you have an affinity for."
"Element, what?" Naruto asked confused. Kakashi then began to explain that there were five basic elemental natures.

Fire, wind, water, lightning and earth. He then began to explain how people usually were geared towards certain nature types such as the Uchiha's and fire. Kakashi then proceeded to pull out pieces of paper to test which nature type Naruto had. Lightning element would cause the paper to wrinkle, it would tear in half for the wind element, burn if he was fire, get soggy if he was fire, and crumble if he was earth. Taking a piece of paper, Naruto began to concentrate his chakra into it. The wind picked up and leaves began to blow over seconds before Naruto's piece of paper ripped in half. Wind. Wind could slice anything to bits and was perfectly suited for battle.
"Katsu-nee? Which nature are you?" Naruto grinned. Chuckling, I took a piece of paper from Kakashi and within seconds the paper ripped in half. Wind element.
"Same as you Naruto." I smirked. Feeling another presence, I saw Yamato turn up next to us.
"Kakashi-san asked me to help with your training." Yamato explained. "Sorry to interrupt, Kakashi-senpai."
"Hey, hey, what kind of nature manipulation is your wood element." Naruto asked, eager to find out.
"Well, that's......" Yamato laughed awkwardly before Kakashi whispered something into his ear. "Well, then! Doton, Doryuu Junkei (Earth element, earth rampart)." Yamato did the signs for his technique then then ground began to shake and the earth beneath him began to rise until it looked like he was standing on a grassy cliff. "Suiton, Takitsubo no Jutsu (Water element, waterfall basin technique)." He continued, causing a waterfall to appear where he stood. Yuki gasped and began giggling and clapping merrily as she stared at the beautiful waterfall that Yamato had created in front of us. Glancing down to her with a smile, I changed my gaze to Naruto and laughed as I saw how surprised he was. Leading Yuki over to a tree, we spent the rest of the day watching as Yamato and Kakashi explained to Naruto more about how to use his nature type and shape manipulation. Looking up at the sky, I wondered if Kushina and Minato were watching as their boy grew up and learned.