Loki Laufeyson • Pregnancy Series

Finding Out:

Finding Out:

Missed period. Check. Throwing up in the morning. Check. Weird food cravings. Check. Now all you needed was the confirmation that you were, in fact, pregnant, which was waiting in the bathroom at this very moment. You checked your timer for the gazillionth time, 1:24 seconds left. Sighing, you wish the time would go by faster.

You waited for the agonizingly slow second to finish, then heard the beep.

You make a b-line for the bathroom and nearly slip and fall.

"C'mon, please tell me..." You say, flipping over the first.

Two lines. Positive. Your heart swells with excitement, and you flip the second. Negative. Your hope drops, but is quickly revived when you flip the third, and it reads positive. Your stomach flutters and you squeal, so loud apparently that it alerted your husband who was in the kitchen when you went into the bathroom.

"Love? Are you alright?" Loki asks, gently knocking on the door.

"Y-yea. I'm all right." You say, resting two hands on your stomach.  

Telling Him:

Loki and yourself had talked about children before you were married, and had agreed you wanted them, but that you would wait until a few years after you married.

You had been married for six months.

Loki was making dinner when you took the pregnancy test and was just finishing when you walked out and slipped the (sanitized) test into the middle of his folded napkin. He set the plated dinner plates onto the table.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, with a slight smirk.

"Always." You replied -nervously albeit- and sat down.

Loki, being well mannered and proper, moved to put his napkin on his lap, causing the pregnancy test to fall onto the floor. He gave you a confused look before bending down to grab it.

"Love," he said, quite slowly, "what's this?"

"It's a... Pregnancy test, dear."

"It's. Positive."

He was keeping an extremely straight face at this point, so you decided not to say anything, and just nod. There was silence for a moment, then the sound of Loki's chair screeching as he scooted back. Your eyes stayed straight, and you heard his footsteps begin to walk away.

But then, you felt his hands on your shoulders and his chin on your head. "I love you, and I will love our beautiful child just as much."

Announcements:

Pregnancy:

Family:

  Classic telling of the people . 

Friends:

  Your facebook.  

Gender:

FAAACCCEEEBOOOK.

Name:

  Isabella Frigga Lokidottir 

(IM NOT SORRY) 

Cravings:

- Olive Garden Breadsticks

- Lemon Pepper Fish

- Caramel everything

- Butterfingers

- Skittles all day

- Fettuccine Alfredo

- Black Coffee

- Creamed Corn

Funny Pregnancy Moments:

{8.5 Months}

Slam. He dropped a stack of books on the table.

"What are those?" You ask pointing at the coffee table which is now filled with books.

"Books." He answers shortly, picking one off the top of the stack and sitting next to you on the couch.

"Yes. I know that. I'm pregnant, not stupid. What are they for?"

"Well, I was doing some... researching... and found that Midgardian babies grow up to be more intelligent if they are read to while in the womb." He opened the book, and you noticed it wasn't written in English at all. It was in old Norse. Then, you looked at the stack of 15 or so books on the table. All of the titles were in Norse as well, and they all looked as if they were thousands of years old.

"Where did you find these?" You ask.

"Palace library." He answers, as if it were nothing, "These were my favorites when I was a child."

"What are they about?"

"Asgardian legends and fairytales mostly. Some of them contain spells and information on the nine realms."

"Can you read them in English?" You ask, wanting to be able to understand them.

"Of course." 

Labor:

Everything was... easy. Contractions started, you waited and then went to the hospital. The doctors checked you over, got you hooked up to the machines, and you were set.

Then the pain started. Now, you don't remember much between then, and holding your beautiful baby girl besides pain, but Loki still won't let you live it down. Apparently, you cussed everyone out for doing (or not doing) everything. You even cussed your newborn daughter out for causing you so much pain, but as soon as the pain was over, you were happy as could be- crying and smiling and crying some more. Then you fell asleep.  

Birth Date and Time:

January 23rd - 12:35 AM 

His First Thoughts When Holding Them:

I never knew someone could be so bloody and cute at the same time.

I shall never lie to you or let anything hurt you, my darling.

Mini You or Him:

Him

Nursery:

Godparent:

Godparent:

Thor 

His Worst Fear as a Dad:

He can't be loving and affectionate enough as a father.

Other (Future) Kids:

1 year after your first - Colin Eric Lokison