{10}

6.8.15

I wake up with a jolt. bzz bzzzz bzzz. I hear my phone ringing on the left side of my bed, blindly I scramble for it and mumble out a greeting.

"Bree, he's coming at three today. Coral just called and let me know." I hear my brother say on the other line.

Hearing that makes me quickly jolt out of bed and immediately I'm trembling, tears begin to form in my eyes.

"Pax, I can't. No. Please tell him I'm out of town! Something, I just cannot man." I manage to get out.

"You know he won't believe that Aubrey. The man is the master of lies, he can sniff a lie a mile away." I knew that and I knew there was nothing either of us could truly do.

My breathing became ragged and I quickly hang up on Paxter, knowing he'd come back in town if he heard what was about to come.

I drop to the floor, shaking and grasping for air. I grip my phone and hastily dial Brielle's number.

Immediately she picks up the phone, "Aubrey, is everything alright?" She knew right away.

"Brielle, he's coming. I c- can't do... Bri- PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I scream. The flashbacks start flying around my head a mile a minute and my head is pounding. I grip my head and scream "STOP! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM!" It becomes harder to breathe, I grip my chest to try and calm myself. Black spots start forming in my eyes, and tears spill down my cheeks.

Then I collapse.

     The last thing I hear is Brielle yelling over the phone.

   ••• 20 minutes later •••

     I wake up with ice around my neck and Brielle kneeling over my face. I quickly shift away and regret it when I feel the pain rushing back to my head.

    "Aubrey, this is getting worse again. Maybe... you should-" Brielle starts but gets cut off.

    "No. I can do this."

    "Should I call Paxter?" She suggests.

    "Thats the worst idea ever." I respond in a monotone.

Brielle's eyes lower and I can see how worried she is. She shakes her head and looks back up at me, "Why won't you get help? It's okay to get a little help."

    "BECAUSE I'M FINE!"

     Things get quiet fast and suddenly I feel bad. What is wrong with me? I shouldn't snap at her. I scratch my arm.

     I open my mouth to apologize when I see chocolate brown curls in the corner of my eye. What the-

    I turn my head and shriek. "AHHH! What are you doing here?" I hiss and sneak a glare at Brielle. She sheepishly smiles at me.

    "He heard you on the phone at the café and forced me to take him with me. I'm sorry!" I look at Harry and give him a questioning look. He doesn't give me any look in return.

     He keeps staring at me intensely with those mesmerizing green eyes and I won't lie and say it didn't have me feeling a type of way.

    The staredown was interrupted by Brielle's cell. I look over at her and she glances at her phone. Once she sees who's calling she covers the screen before answering and runs out of my place. Um...

    I look back at Harry and realize he's moved a lot closer to me. Okay buddy. He grips my face with his big hands, his rings chilling my cheeks.

"Babygirl, what is going on?" His eyebrows creased in concentration and suddenly I forget how to speak. Babygirl?

     "Aubrey?" He asks. I quickly snap out of it, and just as I open my mouth- a loud knock is heard from my front door. I stiffened and so did Harry. It's like he could sense something was wrong.

He was right.

    I slowly get up and dreadfully head for the door. Harry is right on my tail.

  I open the door and-

---
THIS WILL CONTINUE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. gotta keep y'all on edge.... if it's that interesting lol. hope you enjoyed this/: well sorta.
Please vote and comment. I like feedback!

                           Much love,
                                     KayUnwritten