{0.9}

6.1.15 (cont.)

"Paxter? What's going on..." I eye him suspiciously. I haven't heard from my older brother in a few weeks and he just shows up... that's unlike him and yet at the same time, it is so like him.

"I can't just visit my baby sister?" He questions me, feigning hurt. He grabs his chest and throws his head bach in a mocking way.

I giggled and rolled my eyes. Slightly punching his shoulder I replied, "Yeah okay Paxter. You're a horrible liar."

    "Am not.

    "Yes Paxter, you are."

    "I am not!"

    "Paxter, I refuse to argue with you." He sticks his tongue out. Oh yeah, real mature Paxter.  "And I'm the youngest one... yeah okay." I roll my eyes.

     He chuckles but quickly stops, and his eyes widen as if he remembered something. "Look, okay I did come here for something..." He starts off, but I cut him off.

    "I knew it! No you can not have a discount on the pastries. You know this." I say.

    "Aubrey, for once just shut up and listen." He says. I shut up and realize this is serious and for, what seems like the fiftieth time, my blood goes cold.

    "Dads planning to visit you next week and check on your lifestyle... a- and I won't be in town to be there." He tells me reluctantly.

   My eyes water up and I begin to shake. "Pax, no. No you know I can't... please. I'm so scared!" Pax walks towards me but I move back.

    "You're leaving me with him and you know what he is capable of. You can't do this to me. This isn't fair!" I begin punching him. "You traitor! Don't you care about me? Why didn't you tell me earlier! I could have ran away by now" My voice cracks at the end.

    Paxter opened up his mouth to respond when Brielle interrupts.

    "Sorry Paxter, I'm sure whatever you have to say is important but I really need Aubs right now."

     I glare at her and scrunch my nose at the nickname she gave me, while Pax just stares at her. What is wrong with him? Brielle gives him the eye and soon they're communicating through their eyes.

     Eventually I get bored and just walk away. I go back to working to try and ease my nerves.

••••• ••••• Two Hours Later

    Its been two hours since Pax delivered the bad news and he still hasn't left. He's been here two hours just talking to Brielle.

    My nerves have not calmed down just yet either. In fact, they may have gotten worse.

     Someone comes up to order but I don't look up.

     "Hi! May I take your order?" I ask in a monotone voice.

    "I'm not here to order, I'm here for you." What the heck? My eyebrows scrunch up and my head snaps up to see who's talking to me.

      "Harry what the heck man! Don't do that, do you enjoy giving me heart attacks?" I snap.

      Harry just cackles away and soon I crack a smile, which then leads to me laughing as well.

    "You're stupid." I tell him as I continue to giggle. He grips his torso and pouts.

     "Why are you so mean?" He tries to make himself look genuinely sad. I snort.

    "Anyways, why are you here?" I question.

    "I was wondering if we uh... we could talk."

     I rolled my eyes, "Uh-Oh, those words are never good."

     "Seriously Aubrey."

      I sigh, "Harry there's nothing to talk about and you're holding up the line."

       He doesn't move. "Harry please," I plead. He just hardens his face. "Okay fine, just sit down somewhere and I'll meet with you when my shift ends."

      He grins like the cat off of Alice in The Wonderland which just makes me scowl.

      •••••

      Once I've finished my shift, I slowly clean and pack things up. I can feel Harry's eyes on me but I ignore it. Brielle and Pax have yet to stop talking. It's frustrating me how they're so obvious but refuse to tell me what's going on.

     Eventually I can't procrastinate any longer and I have to face Harry. I drag my feet across the floor and sit across from Harold.

    He just stares at me, studying my face. "HARRY!" I slightly shout. He jumps and comes back to earth.

    "Uh, right yeah, sorry. I uh- um. Yeah." He stutters which makes my lips curl into a small smile.

    "So anyways, what do you want to talk about?"

    "What was wrong with you this morning?"

     "A lot of things has happened today Harry, it's just not a good day."

     He nods at my words, "I understand, is there any way I can help?"

     I think about Coral's party and how I need a plus-one... "Uhhh, there might be?" I smile guiltily. He sees the look on my face and looks up at the ceiling murmuring things. I frown, he doesn't even know what I'm about to ask.

    "What is it?"

     "Would you be my plus-one? I understand this is weird because we aren't very close and all but I really don't have anyone else to take and you happen to be the possibly only available person." I rush out.

    He looks at me amused. "When is it?"

      "July first." I quickly respond.

      He smirks, "Alright."

    Wait, he agreed that fast? "Hold on now, are you sure?"

     "Yes Aubrey I am." He responds rolling his eyes.

     I get out of my seat and hug him. "You don't know how I grateful I am Harry." I close my eyes.

     "You could always show me." He suggests, smirking once again and wiggling his eyebrows.

     I quickly pull away and scowl. "You blew it."

••••
Hola, como esta. HIIIII, tbh I kinda like this chapter and I'm not sure why. I hope you like it too :')
BUT YOY GUYS I DONT STRESS THIS ENOUGH PLSSSSSS VOTE AND COMMENT!!! I really would appreciate the feedback! I do respond to comments lol, and read them all. Unlike some users on here ... 👀
That is all.

                                 Much love,
                                       KayUnwritten