{0.2}

3.5.15

"Morning Brielle." I greet my co-worker chirpily. I don't know what it is, but I just woke up and positive vibes have been surrounding me since. I'm not complaining one bit.

"Good-morning to you as well. Whats got you in such a good mood?" She questions me. I shrug. Brielle just chuckles at me and begins setting down the chairs at their tables, I follow suit.

Working here is a lot of work, but I try my best to never complain because it pays good and the environment is so peaceful and healthy for me. I vibe so well with everyone here, its almost perfect.

After we set down all the chairs and cleaned the tables off, making sure to get any spots we missed last night, closing up, I turned the 'closed' sign to 'open'. In no less than fifteen minutes our first customer arrived, a young woman.

She came up to my register and began to order. I kept looking at her... she looked so familiar. Maybe I went to school with her? She possibly attends my college and I've seen her on campus. That must be it. I tell her, her total and then after she pays, I gave her the remaining change.

One down, plenty more to go. The morning goes by surprisingly fast and my mood has not been brought down yet, I'm on cloud nine. The clock soon hits eleven and my phone alarm goes off letting me know its my break.

I take off my apron, make me a salted caramel latte and go sit in last booth in the back of the cafe. Its my favorite spot in the cafe, for it is disturbance free.

I pull out my phone, turn on some music and began to read a book I downloaded on my iBooks. I automatically am in a trance after reading the first chapter. Its so fascinating reading about characters from my past, who have went through the same things as me. Kind of like the bible, so many historical accounts that I can relate to in there.

      Someone knocking on the wooden table interrupts my thoughts. I look up to see the gentleman who came in here a few days ago, and who I've also been Instagram stalking for almost a week now. I smile up at him, "I'm sorry did you say something?" I ask. I pause my music and set my phone down.

     He chuckles slightly at me, "Yes, I was curious to know if this booth was open for one more person?" He asks, his deep voice was so powerful, it made me feel flustered, his accent wasn't helping at all.

      "Uh... um, yeah. Totally, sure." I mentally face-palm. Great going Aubrey. He just smirks and sits down across from me.

    "So, is there a reason you chose to sit here? Not trying to be rude but there are plenty of other seats available." I can tell my instant mood change threw him for a loop by the look he gave me, but he was quick to cover it up, making me curious to know if I was just being paranoid.

    "I have my reasons." He replies simply. Okay?

    "Well, alright." I reply. I feel like if I pushed harder he might leave, and don't want that to happen just yet. So I pick my phone back up, turn my music back on, and begin to read the book once again.

    I feel a tap against my hand. I just ignore it because I don't want to be interrupted right now. I turn my music up and move my hands onto my lap. Thats when I feel a slight nudge against my leg. I ignore it, but he continues to touch me.

     "What? I'm busy!" I hiss. Welp, there goes my mood. He smirks at me, and wags his finger back and forth, as if scolding me. "Thats no way to talk to someone who could get you fired."

     I squint my eyes, "Are you blackmailing me into a conversation with you?" He runs a hand through his long brown curls, distracting me for about two seconds. I raise my eyebrow, "Well?" I ask waiting for a response.

     "Blackmail is too much of a strong word love, I would say its more of a forceful deal." He says, a smirk making its way back on his face. Is he serious? Thats the same thing! I twirl one of my own curls around my finger, "News flash, smart one, thats the same thing." He just shrugs.

     I open my mouth to say something smart when Brielle calls me over, letting me know my breaks over. Lovely. I didn't even get to finish my book! I stand up, put my phone in my back pocket, and pick up my dirty cup.  I begin to walk away when I feel a warm, yet rather large hand grab my small wrist. I look down at the hand, to see its a pale white against my dark brown skin.

     I turn around halfway, "Yes?" I demand, tugging my wrist back.

    "Whats your name?" He asks, I frown. I wasn't expecting that, "Aubrey." I reply simply.

     His eyebrows shoot up in shock, I'm used to this reaction. When people see a black girl, they expect her name to be along the lines of 'Shaniqua' or 'Alicia', so my name shocks people quite a lot.

     "Well, my names Harry. It was a pleasure to meet you love." He says slyly. Then he walks out of the cafe, leaving me staring at his retreating figure once again. Once he's out of my sight, I turn on my heel and get straight to work.

~•••~

     Later that night, I'm in bed studying for exams that are in two weeks. I'm extremely nervous, I've never did well with test. I absolutely hate them.

    I start jotting down more notes from my English Literature book when my phone flashes. I grab it, eager to get a break.

      I unlock my phone and click on the notification. My breath hitches. Harry requested me back on Instagram! Does he know it was me the whole time?

    How embarrassing! Theres no way he could know that was me... right? I stare at the two buttons. I can either hit accept, and possibly use this as a way to get closer to him, or option two and hit decline, then avoid him for the rest of my life. Personally, the first option is better.

     I hit the accept button, and wait in anticipation. Will he realize its me? After about twenty minutes later, I get a DM.
@H.es: Is this Aubrey?
@Aubrey.R: Yes.
@H.es: Hello, its Harry. X

~•••••~

Wow, this was short guys! I feel like this sucks, but it will get better! Just give it a chance.

                              -KayUnwritten