CHAPTER 12. New Friends

Oliver took a detailed look at his house, it was quite large for just one person. It's walls threw a vivid splash of purple with wide windows, framed with thick varnished wood, painted white. There were exactly four steps laid before the door with railings embedded beside them and a rope of blue blossoms curling around it.

As Oliver went closer to the door, he couldn't ignore a thin steel plate riveted on it. Trevor and Rachel Fronde, the names were engraved in bold letters on the hammered steel. "The parents I never knew" he says fondling the plate with his fingers. "It's my parents' house" he says, running his sight around, "what an idiot I am" he tells himself ,"I thought my house was in Pinofia" he continues, "I had a big house in Adaline" he chuckles, though he was not in a mood of joy, he was rather laughing at himself. "The woman I loved as a mother, was just" his voice started to crack, he gulped and continued, "doing her duty" he started to chuckle again but soon found drops of tears dribbling down his cheek.

He entered the house and found his bags waiting for him at the entrance, there was a staircase on the extreme left that led to the upper floor, a round table stood just outside the kitchen with four chairs arrayed around it and the wooden floor was blanketed by a warm furry carpet. Oliver flumped on the bags and sighed loud, his voice mixing up with his breath. Soon he saw his eyelids covering the blank roof he was gazing, it was dark for him and before he could realize, he was long asleep.

He was rubbing his eyes when he realized that he woke up. The sunlight was seeping down on his face through the window, he moans and turns to the other side, "is it still morning?" He wondered, it was indeed morning but the day was not same. He had slept for a whole day. "My god" he said out loud, "i am late for the college" he tells himself before hurtling towards the bathroom.

He took a quick bath and came out, not bothering to dry his hair. "I am late", "I am late", "I am late", he kept on saying while pulling some clothes out from his bag, he took a black jeans and a white t-shirt, "this is perfect" he said drooping them in front of his face. It took only a few seconds for him to get dressed, he exhaled nervously, "don't be nervous, it is fine" he tells himself before leaving. He locked the door and sprinted towards his new life.

He scampered towards the college and gazed at it with a smile starting to broaden his lips, it was a huge semi circle shaped building, made with pure white stones with grey, glossy pebbles purfling the walls and pillars standing huge outside, sheathed in silver, propping the large marbled awning on the door and above the building, a tomb chiseled, skillfully. Logo of the college was embedded in middle of the building, it was a black sparrow spreading its wings proudly on the concrete walls of the college, Frensik College of Arts and science were the words curved above the sparrow.

He could see a large horde of students pouring inside the building through the door by jostling each other, the door was wider and taller than a gate but still, it was thronged by the fretful babel of the students. Oliver chose to walk sluggishly, his each step towards the door was unrushed. Students in the college came from cities and towns, famous in the eyes of people and Oliver, from a village barely known to the world, this thought was lingering in his mind the moment he saw other students, they were too different from him. "Don't be afraid" he tells himself, "they are not going to eat you" he walks towards the door.

The corridor of the college was enormous, it's floor was coated with blue, glinting marble and a tall door padded with jet black rubber on it's panels stood in the far left that opened it's way to the assembly hall. A few lines of chairs were mustered in the corners and a huge hording was swaying above, that had the word Welcome written on it very beautifully. There were a few notice boards displayed in the different corners, around the corridor with some papers pinned on it and students mobbing it's nearby area. the clipped papers on the board showcased the names of the students and their alotted classrooms.