Chapter three

The next day

Jayshawn locked himself in his study, despite Roc telling him not to. Jayshawn flicked through the papers on his desks and threw some of them on the floor. He sat back down in the chair and ran a hand over his face.

Roc opened the door and frowned at the mess. "I told you not to come in." Jayshawn said. "Why did you do this?" Roc folded his arms and pointed to the mess. "How do you do it?" Jayshawn asked. "Do what?"

"We have both known Malia for nine years, you were her boyfriend and yet, you act like her death meant nothing-" "Don't. She meant the world and more to me." Roc whispered.  He reached in to his back pocket. "I haven't been home to change my clothes but let me show you something." Roc pulled out a small box.

"I was going to make her my wife, Jay. The day she died was supposed to be the happiest day ever." Roc smiled for a second.

"But you asked me how do I cope. Truth is, I've lost so many that it's stopped hurting. No matter what happens, she'll always be with me." Roc put the ring back in his pocket and wiped his eyes.

Jayshawn stood up and began to walk to him when he began to speak. "I'm good." Roc gave a weak smile.

"I just don't feel right knowing she isn't buried." Jayshawn sighed. "I'm done with this conversation, I'm going to see Jason. Are you coming?"

-

-

-

Jason sat with his phone in his hands,twirling it round. He looked at the number, let out a sigh and dialled it. He knew she wasn't going to answer but yet he still tried. "You have reached the voice mail of Malia-"

Jason cut it off and stared at the number he had dialled. He put his head in his hands when a police officer walked in. "My name is-" "skip to the point please."

"Your sister's body was found in a ditch three miles out from here. She is badly burned, the only way we could identify her was through dental records." The police officer's blue eyes were fixed on Jason. 

"Can I bury her?" Jason asked, he knew they would want to find out who did it but he didn't want Malia to be used for tests. "Well-" "Please, she's been through enough." Jason pleaded. He hated begging but he would've done anything for Malia.

"As head of department, I'll try my best to help you out but there is something you must know." The officer said. "What is it?" Jason frowned. "This was found at the crime scene. If you have any clue what it means, ring this number." The detective gave Jason the evidence and walked out.

Jason looked at what was in his hands, it seemed to be a playing card of some sort with a difference. It was a spade in the middle but inside the spade was a gun and an intricate skull. But that wasn't what caught his eye.

"What is that?" Jayshawn asked as he took a seat. "It's a card." Roc frowned as he took it from Jason and twirled it around. "No. It's not." Jason boomed. "It's sp-"

"It's an Ace."