Chapter 7

A/N- Sorry for the late updates :(. I didn't think my real life would take up so much time that my online reality would be put on hold. Here's a new chapter, hope you're enjoying the story so far. Love Dazz. 

***

The next morning felt like I was ripping my own heart from my chest. I hadn't slept the whole night, I watched Ivy sleep peacefully beside me. Her face relaxed and glowing in the dim lights that hung over our bed. I cried as I watched her, careful not to wake her up. We made love before she dozed off, I took my time with her. I wanted to remember what she felt like under my fingertips. I needed to have her face all panting burned in my mind. 

At 4am I crawled out of bed. It took so much will in me to not stay there with her and hold her a little longer. I had to go now, I had to force myself to leave. I grabbed the bag I packed yesterday and with one last look at the bed I walked out of the room. I dropped the bag carefully to not make any noise by Hope's bedroom and stepped in. She was laying on her makeshift bed beside Batsy's cage. I helped her make it last night after she refused to sleep in her bed, I leaned down and covered her up with her blanket that fell off her body slightly. She shifted and I almost thought her eyes would spark open but they didn't. 

A tear slid down my cheek and I caught it before it fell. I kissed the pad of my thumb and stroked her forehead, "Goodbye my little angel, take care of mom for me" I whispered before too leaving the room. As I shut the door of my home I couldn't hold the tears back, I covered my mouth with my hands and walked to my car. I started it off and drove. 

Out of our city. 

Out of my life. 

Out away from Ivy.

The further I drove the emptier I felt, like the spark of life was being drained from me. I pressed the gas down and watched as the world turned to a blur. I drove for a few hours, at 7am my phone started ringing. Now the worst part of leaving. I pulled over off the highway and got out, I leaned against the car and answered, lifting the phone up to my ear and taking a deep breath. 

"Harley? Where are you Doll? We're leaving soon remember, did you hop out to the store?". 

"Put Hope in the car and drive Ivy. Drive as far from me as you can"

"Harley? What's going on? What are you talking about? Talk to me please?" 

"He found us Ivy, now put Hope in the car and fucking drive"

"No Harley, come back home and we'll figure this ou-"

"No Ivy, He's been in your store. He knows about Hope, he'll kill her, You know it. I'll fix this, you protect our baby"

"Har-"

"I love you so much Ivy, I'll come back to you. Keep our family safe"

"Harley don't do this" 

"Don't look for me Ivy, don't call this cell either"

Hanging up was hard, I heard her choked up on the other end but I forced my hand to pull the phone away from my ear. I disconnected and as another tear rolled down my cheek, I closed my eyes and threw the phone out into the woods that started off the motorway. 

I got back in my car and continued my drive. When I saw the familiar Gotham streets, disgust crawled over my skin making me feel sticky all over. I drove to the one place I knew he'd be, I slammed the car door extra hard wanting to catch someones attention. 

Soon enough two mountains of men came out from behind the door. They eyed me up and down like a piece of meat. I changed my clothes on the way here, tight leather jeans and a halter top with my heeled boots. I put my hair into pig tails just like he liked it and put my weight on my hip sticking it out and sending them a bitchy smile. 

"Lost sweet stuff?" they asked. "I wouldn't call me that unless you want your brains blown up" I warned, they exchanged a look and laughed. They must be new members of Joker's, fools didn't know who I was. One of them stepped forward and cocked his head to the side, "yea? how about I blow your head up after I stuff that pretty mouth" he suggested. I laughed this time and took a step closer to him. 

"Your boss is the king of Gotham". 

"Yea, and who the fuck are you bitch". 

"I'm his queen". 

saying those words made bile rise in my throat but I had to play the game. Something flashed across his face and his eyes went wide, he immediately stepped away a few metres like I had a disease and bowed his head. 

"Miss Quinn" he said with his head bowed down like an obedient dog about to be scolded. I walked past him and stopped, "Take me to him and I'll leave out our little conversation how's that?" I asked smiling sweetly. He nodded frantically and almost tripped over his feet when he turned for the door and began to lead me down a series of halls and stairs. He stopped at a door and I knew what was behind it, I felt him. Always. 

I looked up at the man beside me and jerked my head away, he understood and walked away. I willed my feet to move and pushed the door open. It screeched at the hinges, like in a horror movie. One where the girl was about to get killed by the psycho, difference was the psycho hadn't had his fun with me yet. There was a chair at the end of the room, a tall metal throne like chair. 

His head was slumped down, his hair grew longer and covered his eyes slightly. The only light in the room was from the moon that hinted through the bars of the window. He sat with his hands resting on the chair, he looked somewhat ruined and relaxed at the same time. I took a few steps into the room and stopped. Waiting. 

Then his head moved. It slowly lifted upwards until his eyes met mine. His face was paler in the moonlight, his cheekbones more prominent. He was always beautiful, despite being a monster. His eyes scanned over my face and grew wide, his lips parting. 

"Harleen? Why are you here?" 

Wait. 

What?