Chapter 6

A/N- So sorry for the late update, college is ruining me and my animal course mixed with clinic work and guitar is a real real struggle. I am here with another chapter, hopefully you don't all hate me yet. Here it goes, comment and vote. Love D. 

***

The next morning I spent thinking what to do. How to tell Ivy, what to tell Ivy. I didn't know if she would catch onto my lies or not. I prayed she didn't. When she woke up and rolled over to kiss me I had to think quick. 

"I think we need a break" I said. Ivy shot up, her eyes wide. "A break? In our relationship, why? What's happening Doll?!" she rushed out. I sat up along with her and grabbed her hand, "calm down my love, I don't mean us. I mean together, you, Hope and I need a little vacation. The stress with everything is getting on me" I lied. She relaxed and smiled, "that sounds like a good idea, I can always lock up the Floristry and we can head out wherever you want?". I thought for a moment, "Central City, we could see Barry and Iris too" I said. "That's quite far away, but if that's what you want lets do it. When are you thinking of leaving?" she asked. 

For a moment I just stared at her face, her puffy cheeks from just waking up along with her smile warmed my heart. I wanted to cry and tell her how much I loved her, but that would blow everything. "Tomorrow, we could go for a week" I answered, she chuckled and shook her head. "Always so eager you are my little firework, but sure thing. We can pack today when I come back from the shop and sort things out there huh?" I nodded and she reached over to kiss me before climbing out of bed. 

I didn't take Hope to school today. As wrong as that was I needed to see her as much as I could. I had to memorise her innocent face, every single detail of her beautiful face. From her ocean eyes to every single freckle across her nose. She was trilled to know she won't be going school for the week, also seeing uncle Barry and aunt Iris was good news to her. I watched her as she packed and played with Batsy that she was taking with her, there was no other way. 

"Mommy, why are you frowning?" I flinched slightly when I saw Hope standing before me with a frown on her face. "Its nothing baby, mommy's just thinking how much I love you" I said, she smiled showing off her dimples and my heart squeezed trying to capture that image in my mind. "I wove you too Mommy, so much, if anyone said their mommy is better I would fight them" she declared bouncing on her feet. I reached out and tucked her hair behind her ear, her skin was so soft under my fingertips. 

"You'll take care of mom right?" I asked holding back my tears, her face turned serious within moments and she nodded. "Aways Mommy, but mom has you too, we take care of her together, yea?" she said grinning, I nodded not trusting my own voice anymore. Hope didn't know this yet, but everything was about to change. 

I didn't know when I would see her again... If I would see her again.

I knew this would her her, Ivy more. She'd be heartbroken but at least she'd be safe and alive. 

I didn't matter anymore. I never matter that is. 

As soon as I met Ivy I knew. 

Nothing would ever matter more than my Ivy...