Chapter 29

Hello everyone! I'm super sorry for the delay in writing! There was a glitch with my account and so I've been trying to get passed that in order to update but no need to fear! A new chapter is here!

2 more left to go guys! That makes me so sad, but make sure to read the authors note on the next chapter for questions about a possible extension! Love you all! Read, comment, vote, enjoy!

I gain consciousness with a drowsy smile on my face and bask in the seemingly endless warmth surrounding me.

Wow I slept well! Great dream too!

Before mentally preparing to get up and start my Saturday with some simple errands, I allow myself a few more minutes of closed eyed peace. However as I shift ever so slightly, I feel a sort of additional cushion next to me.

I don't remember bringing out my body pillow...

I ignore my suspicious thoughts and snuggle deeper into the impossibly warm cushion when it suddenly pulls my body closer.

Pillows can't move...

Fully awake due to this suddenly terrifying realization, I carefully reposition my head to see who the hell is in my bed with me.

As soon as my widened eyes adjust to recognize the figure next to me, I see a peacefully sleeping Trayce Thompson wrapped around me like a koala. I relax at the sight of him and am rendered breathless when a flurry of memories bombard my mind.

"I just...want you to be happy..."

"Do you at least know that I'm irrefutably in love with you and will do whatever it takes to make things right?"

"How did I get so lucky to be able to love a woman like you?"

My stomach flutters immensely at the more intimate moments from last night and I study Trayce's features with a loving gaze.

Last night was simultaneously one of the most emotional nights I've had in a very long time as well as the happiest I've felt in a while.

The sole knowledge of having been so connected to Trayce makes my insides turn into mush in the least disturbing way possible.

Not only was he as sweet and caring as I know him to be, but he made sure to show how much he cared while simultaneously memorizing every feeling, sound and emotion that came with being so close to the one you love.

My focus suddenly shifts back to reality when he begins to fidget in his sleep. For some odd reason I hold my breath as he does this and can only breathe again once he's back to snoring lightly.

A small smile finds itself on my face once I notice our current positions. His head finds solitude in the crook of my neck while our legs are intertwined, his right arm is hooked around my waist, alongside my hands resting against his broad, bare chest partially locked with his left hand.

Unfortunately, the abundance of joy comes to an end when logic pops into my head, adamantly disagreeing with my recent choices.

You shouldn't have slept with him Calia...

How can you even trust him? He hasn't earned your trust yet!

Don't allow him to think that he can just walk in here, 'claim' that he's sorry and everything will be right in the world!