Chapter 24

"Goooooood moooorning Caaaaaal!" I hear a soft voice call out. I groan in response and cover my head with the nearest pillow. Moments before I'm able to fall back into a deep slumber a harsher voice yells, "Cali get up!"

I spring into an upright position at the stern demand and reply, "I'M UP! I'M UP!" I swing my legs over the bed and use all the energy I have to push myself up to stand.

Once I'm balanced on my feet, I slowly walk into the living room to find a cheerful Michelle and a cooking Gabbie occupying my apartment.

I plop down onto the couch near Michelle and yawn, "Mornin' guys" I receive kind responses in return and smile lazily when I suddenly feel light pressure on my stomach.

Slowly lifting my head to identify the source, I find Kit purring while circling around on top of my stomach before finding a satisfactory position and plopping down.

"Why good morning to you too Kit cat" I say with a smile and rest my head back down.

"Breakfast is ready!" Gabbie yells from the kitchen causing Michelle and I to cheer and make our way over there.

I gently place Kit down on the sofa before taking a seat on a stool under the kitchen island and nearly drooling at the mouthwatering waffles placed before me.

I grab my go to toppings consisting of butter, syrup and whipped cream as well as some eating utensils. I hurriedly cut up my waffles before I dive into the golden goodness.

Picking up my first bite, I bring it up to my mouth in hungry anticipation when I suddenly hear a casual voice state from beside me, "Can you pass the syrup?"

My waffle piece goes flying behind me as I flail and fall off my stool. I look up with widened eyes and a racing heart to find a smirking Abbie looking down at me.

"Jesus Christ Abbie it's too early for frights! When did you get here?!" I ask still in shock. She shrugs and says, "I've been here the whole time you just never noticed."

Michelle snickers quietly while I hear Gabbie mutter "Idiot." I push myself up and sit back down while hazily mumbling, "I swear you're like some kind of ninja ghost hybrid. Like a ninhost. No a ghinja."

Laughter fills the room at my over analyzation of the situation as I slowly pick up my fork still in deep thought.

A few mouthfuls later Gabbie states, "We need to get out and do something fun today." My face brightens in agreement while Michelle suggests, "Lets go bowling!"

I abruptly start choking on my food and rush to get water as everyone stares at me in both confusion and shock.

My eyes are watery and I hysterically choke out, "No...bowling..." Michelle and Abbie tilt their heads in confusion and Gabbie is quick to clarify, "Ohhhh Coreyyyyyy."

I nod shyly and sit back down while Michelle still looks confused and asks, "What's going on with Corey? Oh my god did he finally confess his love? You guys are so cute!"

Abbie chuckles knowingly at the irony while Gabbie shakes her head and I sit there awkwardly. "I see I have a lot of explaining to do" I state in a heavy sigh.

Michelle's eyebrows are furrowed in confusion as she says, "I'm lost." Gabbie scoffs at this and replies, "Of course you are."

I smile at them and turn to Michelle to reassure, "Don't worry love, I'll explain later. But first, we have to figure out what we're doing today."

Gabbie puts her plate in the sink and suggests over her shoulder, "What about ice-skating?"

Michelle and I squeal in excitement and state in unison, "Ice-skating!" I stuff a forkful of waffles in my mouth and ask, "Abbie, you coming?"